Subspace is a dedicated, secure network for delivering tomorrow’s internet today. From mission-critical real-time applications to in-network applications, Subspace helps companies create the best possible real-time experiences.
While the biggest multiplayer games in the world already use Subspace to create the most competitive and engaging online experiences, we are taking Subspace to even more industries, helping them create the best possible real-time experiences for voice, video, and in-network applications.
As a company, we're hyper-focused on making the internet of tomorrow a reality today. We are backed by top Silicon Valley VCs (Lux Capital, Telstra, 01 Advisors) and run by former executives from tech companies including Riot Games, King, and Avaya. We are hiring people who help us raise the bar, add to our culture, and bring positivity, enthusiasm, and pride to what we are building. Our team members exhibit curiosity, are proactive by nature, genuinely enjoy complex challenges, and share a keen sense of urgency. At Subspace, every millisecond counts.
Subspace has a disciplined, focused engineering organization that's small enough for individual contributors to have broad and substantial influence. Every engineer contributes to the design of our product and the tools we use. We strive to build well-engineered and well-behaved systems, aiming for comprehensive end-to-end testing in user interfaces, accessibility, and data instrumentation. We believe that investing in strong engineering practices speeds our decision-making by providing us the context needed to iterate quickly.
We're looking for a Software Engineer (XDP/eBPF) to help us design and build the most scalable, high-performance data plane for the next phase of our global infrastructure. We are actively working on solving challenging problems that require an intuitive and exploratory solution approach. Our team of engineers work collaboratively to help grow our business while providing the best experiences for our current and future customers.
What you'll be doing:
- Design and develop high throughput data plane services with XDP
- Build services that inspect and manipulate various network protocols
- Analyze data in real-time to improve performance and network security
- Perform deep inspection of network traffic in near real time
- Build services and APIs to drive on-going development of network services
- Thrive and contribute to our continuous improvements within Lean-Agile principles and methods
- Deliver solutions in a complex environment while collaborating with innovative teams
- Join a culture that has innovation at its core in order to achieve competitive growth and success
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience, Masters Degree preferred
- Industry experience building high-performance data plane services
- Experience with eBPF
- Strong prior XDP and/or DPDK experience
- Experience with network programming in languages such as C
- Experience in network and web security technologies (firewalls, web security, IDP / IPS, DNS-based security, eBPF, packet routing fundamentals, Wireshark, etc.)
- Good fundamentals of UDP, TCP, IP and networking routing
- Proven experience designing and implementing features in a globally distributed system
- Solid understanding of algorithms and data structure fundamentals
- Experience working with open-source projects and collaborating with open-source communities
- Ability to communicate with internal and external engineering teams as well as the broader organization
Subspace's mission is to build a momentous software-defined network and make it universally available and impactful. Our goal is to serve the globe, which requires a team that is representative of the world that we serve. As a company we embrace an accelerated approach to diversity and inclusion, and support and encourage our employees to be comfortable bringing their full, authentic selves to work. We believe in fostering an environment where diverse perspectives thrive; this core value is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success.