Subspace is a dedicated, secure network for delivering tomorrow’s internet today. From mission-critical real-time applications to in-network applications, Subspace helps companies create the best possible real-time experiences.
While the biggest multiplayer games in the world already use Subspace to create the most competitive and engaging online experiences, we are taking Subspace to even more industries, helping them create the best possible real-time experiences for voice, video, and in-network applications.
As a company, we're hyper-focused on making the internet of tomorrow a reality today. We are backed by top Silicon Valley VCs (Lux Capital, Telstra, 01 Advisors) and run by former executives from tech companies including Riot Games, King, and Avaya. We are hiring people who help us raise the bar, add to our culture, and bring positivity, enthusiasm, and pride to what we are building. Our team members exhibit curiosity, are proactive by nature, genuinely enjoy complex challenges, and share a keen sense of urgency. At Subspace, every millisecond counts.
Subspace has a disciplined, focused engineering organization that's small enough for individual contributors to have broad and substantial influence. Every engineer contributes to the design of our product and the tools we use. We strive to build well-engineered and well-behaved systems, aiming for comprehensive end-to-end testing in user interfaces, accessibility, and data instrumentation. We believe that investing in strong engineering practices speeds our decision-making by providing us the context needed to iterate quickly.
We're looking for a Security Engineer to help us secure our global infrastructure to securely deploy and maintain scalable, fault-tolerant network topologies to safeguard our products, services, data, and infrastructure. We are committed to continuous improvement and innovation, so you’ll be encouraged to get creative as you solve complex security problems related to traffic engineering, infrastructure, orchestration, instrumentation, automation, and telemetry.
What you'll be doing:
- Design, deploy, manage and improve critical security infrastructure services/tools for authentication and authorization, PKI, secrets management, logging and more
- Contribute to development and implementation of new solutions to improve the security and resilience of the current environment
- Design and maintain secure cloud (AWS and GCP) systems and networks
- Secure modern PaaS/IaaS systems (kubernetes, containers)
- Proactively communicate and advocate for security within the organization
- Continuously assess and identify areas of the Subspace infrastructure that can be strengthened
- Create and maintain scripts to automate processes and workflows with tools like Chef, Puppet and Ansible
- Be flexible and provide on-call support when needed
- Create and maintain documentation and follow up on tickets to drive mitigation and resolution
- Innovate and help maintain a high-performing and highly-available service that is constantly evolving
- Iterate and improve rather than build the initial perfect product
- Roll up your sleeves, dig into problems, and get to the bottom of finding root causes of security issues
What you bring to the table:
- 6+ years of experience in an infrastructure security or cloud security role
- Technical architecture, debugging, and diagnostic skills
- Knowledge and understanding of common protocols and concepts like TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, IPv6, and Anycast routing
- Experience building, scaling and securing online production systems (in the cloud)
- Experience with automation and infrastructure management with Terraform, Ansible or similar technologies
- Solid understanding of linux and ability to create and maintain scripts
- Architecture, debugging, and diagnostic skills
- Experience coding in Go, Python, or a similar language
- Solid understanding of common protocols and concepts like TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, IPv6, and Anycast routing
- Experience with flow records, packet captures, and collating information from various sources and tools
- Clear and concise communication skills especially when participating in an active incident
- Leadership in developing strategies related to identity lifecycle management, authorization policies and authentication patterns
- Experience with host and/or network intrusion detection systems
- Experience with Identity & Access Governance capabilities on both the engineering development and business adoption sides
Subspace's mission is to build a momentous software-defined network and make it universally available and impactful. Our goal is to serve the globe, which requires a team that is representative of the world that we serve. As a company we embrace an accelerated approach to diversity and inclusion, and support and encourage our employees to be comfortable bringing their full, authentic selves to work. We believe in fostering an environment where diverse perspectives thrive; this core value is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success.