Subspace is a dedicated, secure network for delivering tomorrow’s internet today. From mission-critical real-time applications to in-network applications, Subspace helps companies create the best possible real-time experiences.
While the biggest multiplayer games in the world already use Subspace to create the most competitive and engaging online experiences, we are taking Subspace to even more industries, helping them create the best possible real-time experiences for voice, video, and in-network applications.
As a company, we're hyper-focused on making the internet of tomorrow a reality today. We are backed by top Silicon Valley VCs (Lux Capital, Telstra, 01 Advisors) and run by former executives from tech companies including Riot Games, King, and Avaya. We are hiring people who help us raise the bar, add to our culture, and bring positivity, enthusiasm, and pride to what we are building. Our team members exhibit curiosity, are proactive by nature, genuinely enjoy complex challenges, and share a keen sense of urgency. At Subspace, every millisecond counts.
We're looking for a data driven Director of Marketing who will manage and validate our growth programs. The right candidate has past Software as a Service (SaaS) exposure or has experience taking a Series B or later startup to the next stage of growth. The candidate has executed on multi-million ad-spend authority and thrives in collaborating with Revenue, Finance, and Engineering, to meet growth targets.
What you'll be doing:
- Plan and execute integrated, multi-channel growth campaigns including paid media, digital, social, partnerships, email, and more that deliver against aggressive awareness, consideration and business growth goals
- Serve as the subject matter expert on competitive and adjacent category marketing activity, identifying what’s working/what’s not and delivering strategic recommendations on how we can better differentiate Subspace in a very crowded market
- Monitor and communicate campaign results (performance, learnings, opportunities to optimize, etc) on a regular cadence/as needed to broader business leadership and the executive team
- Work across teams to develop effectively build and launch holistic communication strategies for new initiatives
- Manage and audit outside agency - ad buying, campaign tracking and ROI
What you bring to the table:
- 6+ years of progressive Marketing leadership including building and scaling a differentiated consumer-facing brand. Experience in a hyper-growth environment is preferred
- Degree/educational background/comparable experience in Business, Marketing or another quantitative field
- Experience with data-driven/test & learn-based management of large media budgets (including traditional and emerging channels). Proven success optimizing the customer experience across multiple channels
- Obsessed with how Marketing can best deliver quality, long-term business growth and ROI. Highly analytical mindset with the ability to not only measure the gray area, but also leverage the data to make that gray area work even harder
- Meticulous attention to detail with superior problem-solving skills; comfortable prioritizing projects in a fast-paced work environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a roll-up-the-sleeves work ethic and a “do-what-it takes” mindset to execute against the strategy
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present complex concepts to a wide variety of stakeholders
Subspace's mission is to build a momentous software-defined network and make it universally available and impactful. Our goal is to serve the globe, which requires a team that is representative of the world that we serve. As a company we embrace an accelerated approach to diversity and inclusion, and support and encourage our employees to be comfortable bringing their full, authentic selves to work. We believe in fostering an environment where diverse perspectives thrive; this core value is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success.