Submittable is a growing social impact platform used by thousands of companies, governments, and philanthropic organizations to manage their social impact programs and maximize their impact. We have helped big and small organizations worldwide run 134,000 programs and collect nearly 22 million applications to date. Grow your career at a public benefit corporation and Inc. 5000 fastest-growing company, while having a positive impact on people globally.
Submittable is looking for a state government-focused, Enterprise Account Executive to join our team in Missoula, MT, or Seattle, WA and manage our Northeast Territory. We are looking for a passionate, strategic, and motivated hunter with proven experience selling business critical solutions in the government SaaS software space. You will focus on client acquisition and expansion for Submittable's Grants Management and Social Impact software solutions acting as an essential contributor to Submittable's growth and trusted advisor to clients looking to optimize the impact of their Grants and Social Impact projects.
This is a full-time position that will manage our Northeast Territory and report to the Director of State Sales.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Act as the CEO of your assigned geographic region
- Run value-rich discovery calls and lead product demos with clients
- Manage Submittable's net new opportunities to hit team quotas on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Employ Opportunity Management to maximize revenue opportunities and build pipeline
- Maintain and report an accurate forecast for every open opportunity
- Keep clean, accurate lead and opportunity data in Salesforce and other relevant systems
- Provide prompt and accurate answers to clients' queries
- Become proficient in the internal software stack used by the Sales Department and across Submittable, with an advanced mastery of Salesforce and SalesLoft
- Collaborate cross-functionally to share important information and insights about client and market findings to improve marketing and sales activities
- Become an industry expert in Social Impact programs across multiple products and continue to learn new trends and gain insights
- Coach and mentor Sales Development Representatives by teaching best practices and proven methods of identifying key decision makers and crafting engaging outreach messages
- Maintain current Submittable Sales certifications and complete required training
- Up to 20% travel to corporate offices and within assigned territory
Skills & Experience We Hope You Bring:
- Bachelor's degree,
- 5+ years of sales experience in a SaaS environment selling to Enterprise Accounts & partnering with decision-makers
- 2+ years of SaaS/Enterprise software sales experience in Federal, State, or Local government
- Demonstrated success leading full cycle sales, selling mission critical software solutions
- Established success meeting or exceeding yearly quotas over $1M
- Proven experience applying sales methodology principles (MEDDPICC or MEDDICC)
- Hunter mentality with demonstrated, proven success in lead generation, prospecting, contract negotiation, and closing customers
- Track record of increasing Sales and closing deals over $250K in Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR), with growing responsibility
- Previous or current experience with Salesforce and success completing complex sales process, i.e. documenting deal development
- Exhibits a clear understanding of SaaS financial metrics and complex sales cycles
- Polished executive presence and presentation skills
- Ability to deliver dynamic software demonstrations as a solo partner or in a complex, multi-partner sale
- Ability to embrace feedback, learn, and hold yourself accountable
- Familiarity with finding, assessing, and responding to RFPs
- Experience creating MSAs and SOWs, and facilitating the legal review
- Sales Methodology adoption leveraging MEDICC, MEDDPICC, Challenger or similar
Salary Details: The annual OTE (On Target Earnings) range for this position is $190,000-$300,000 with a pay mix of 50/50 (base/commission). Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Position Location: This role will be located in Bellevue, WA, or, Missoula, MT following a hybrid work model. Qualified remote candidates in Mountain and Central timezones are also strongly encouraged to apply.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States, however, we are unable to accommodate scholastic or employment visas at this time.
Submittable is on a mission to empower social good organizations with technology that accelerates their work and scales their impact. We partnered with thousands of organizations, governments, and corporations last year to launch 10,000+ programs, process over 4 million applications, and distribute $2.5 billion in funding and aid.
We are proud to offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- 401(k) with employer match from day 1
- Equity stock options
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave, and remote work options
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Professional development stipends
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees when working in either of our offices
- Weekly catered lunches in both offices
- Monthly company sponsored happy hours and gatherings
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.