Submittable is seeking a experienced Senior Software Engineer - Back End to join our dynamic, growth-driven team in Seattle, WA or Missoula, MT. This position is open to remote candidates and is an incredible opportunity for someone looking to take on a meaningful technical role in a rapidly growing company.
We’re looking for senior engineers who can take a feature from idea to delivery. You’ll be responsible for the implementation of new features and the refactoring of existing portions of our widely used platform.
The position is a full-time individual contributor role and reports to an Engineering Manager.
The Senior Software Engineer - Back End responsibilities include:
- Quickly jump into our software and infrastructure
- Implement new features on the platform
- Refactor or “burn down” legacy features and components
- Identify improvements to our existing platform. The improvements might include enhancements to our developer experience, our infrastructure architecture, and our core software, to support near-term growth and stability
- Work closely with a wonderful team of test engineers, product managers, and product designers
- Translate product and engineering requirements into well crafted and implemented features/components
- Contribute to the core platform and develop improvements to existing and legacy components and infrastructure
- Write and review code
An ideal candidate will have these qualities and experience:
- Software Engineering and Agile principles
- Familiarity with modern cloud native infrastructure and design principles, specifically in the context of AWS
- How to work well with other experienced software engineers and mentor less experienced software engineers
- How to write well, and a preference for writing things down
- We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we currently do not sponsor H-1B visas
Submittable is on a mission to empower social good organizations with technology that accelerates their work and scales their impact. We partnered with thousands of organizations, governments, and corporations last year to launch 10,000+ programs, process over 4 million applications, and distribute $2.5 billion in funding and aid. Grow your career at an Inc. 5000 fastest-growing company, while having a positive impact on people globally.
Submittable has its headquarters in downtown Missoula, Montana, with a satellite office in Seattle, Washington and remote employees located around the U.S.
We offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave, and remote work options
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Discounted fitness memberships, professional development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.