Submittable is seeking a junior to mid-level Software Engineer - Backend to join our dynamic, growth-driven team in Seattle, WA or Missoula, Montana. This position is open to remote candidates and is an incredible opportunity for someone looking to take on a meaningful technical role in a rapidly growing company.
We’re looking for software engineers who can work well on a distributed team and are excited to learn and become stronger developers. You will work with a team of engineers, a product manager, and a designer to take features from concept to implementation.
The position is a full-time individual contributor role and reports to an Engineering Manager.
The Software Engineer - Back End responsibilities include:
- Jump into our software and infrastructure, quickly coming up to speed
- Implement new features on the platform
- Work closely with a wonderful team of test engineers, product managers, and product designers
- Write and review code
- Participate in the Agile process including planning and estimating
An ideal candidate will have these qualities and experience:
- Familiarity with web design principles and basic knowledge of one web tech stack
- Submittable is using .NET Core and Postgres on the server side.
- Basic software engineering and Agile principles
- How to work well with other software engineers, product managers, and stakeholders
- How to write well and a preference for writing things down
- We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we currently do not sponsor H-1B visas
Submittable is on a mission to empower social good organizations with technology that accelerates their work and scales their impact. We partnered with thousands of organizations, governments, and corporations last year to launch 10,000+ programs, process over 4 million applications, and distribute $2.5 billion in funding and aid. Grow your career at an Inc. 5000 fastest-growing company, while having a positive impact on people globally.
Submittable has its headquarters in downtown Missoula, Montana, with a satellite office in Seattle, Washington and remote employees located around the U.S.
We offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave, and remote work options
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Discounted fitness memberships, professional development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.