Submittable is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst to join our rapidly growing team. In this role, you will play a critical part in building and maintaining Submittable’s data and intelligence infrastructure through dashboards, reports and analytics. You will closely partner with department leaders across the organization, including sales, marketing, and finance, to use internal and external data to drive insights, inform strategic product and operational decisions and accelerate Submittable’s efficient growth.
You will be responsible for defining core business logic in our data warehouse, developing scalable and robust data visualizations, and assisting with various specific analyses
This is a full-time position based in Seattle, WA or Missoula, MT. Remote hires will be considered for candidates with requisite experience. The Business Intelligence Analyst reports to the CFO.
The Business Intelligence Analyst responsibilities include:
- Design, build and maintain business intelligence infrastructure and tools to improve availability, visibility and usability of data and insights
- Fulfill known analysis needs for various departments and generate new ideas and insights from our broader data set
- Generate strategic recommendations, through dashboards and other methods to maximize business outcomes and empower business leaders to make sound decisions
- Partner with the Go To Market and Customer Success teams to ensure data accuracy. Leads root cause analysis to assess issues and inconsistencies
- Work with team members to establish data requirements and functional specifications for a BI solution
- Perform data processing from multiple data sources and manage current data integrations to ensure stability and scalability
An ideal candidate will have these qualities and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline, such as business, statistics, accounting, math, or economics
- 2-4 years experience in a data/analytics role
- Strong analytical skills including creating and analyzing business information, creating dashboards and developing and implementing key business metrics
- Experience owning/leading data visualization and related tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI) and a desire to learn and use new tools as needed
- Experience with data warehouse infrastructure and building BI tables
- Proficient in R, Python, or other programming languages is a plus
- Highly proficient in SQL and Excel, and similar analytical tools
- Experience managing complex projects with an ability to set clear timelines, prioritize workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to break down high-level business problems into concrete analytical solutions
- We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we currently do not sponsor H-1B visas
Submittable was started in 2010 by three creatives—a writer, a filmmaker, and a musician—as a simple way to submit creative work. Today it’s a growing social impact platform used by thousands of organizations to manage their programs and maximize their impact.
Submittable has its headquarters in downtown Missoula, Montana, with a satellite office in Seattle, Washington and remote employees located around the U.S.
We offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Discounted fitness memberships, professional development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
- Gender-neutral bathrooms with free pads/tampons
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.