Submittable is seeking an experienced Marketing Web Engineer to join our team in Missoula, MT or Seattle, WA. Remote will be considered.
As a Marketing Web Engineer, you will be responsible for developing, testing, deploying, and monitoring our website and other marketing software applications. This role works closely with our brand designer, content writer/editors, and demand generation marketers to create a great user experience for our website visitors, build digital campaigns and content experiences, and generate leads.
This is a full-time position that reports to the VP of Product Marketing.
The Marketing Web Engineer responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement front-end web code and design standards
- Work closely with content creators and designer to implement content-related web pages for lead generation
- Maintain and improve upon marketing website (built using Gatsby.js) and continue to build out custom content management system (powered by Contentful)
- Create and optimize our web project management, hitting all deadlines and improving efficiency while maintaining quality web development
- Execute SEO optimizations and monitor baselines and results
- Provide detailed site analysis and recommendations for site changes; work closely with content creators and designers to implement changes
- Manage and improve organic search engine performance and goal-setting based on clickthrough rates, traffic, conversions and other identified key metrics.
- Implement A/B testing and personalization experiences and report on results
An ideal candidate will have these qualities and experience:
- 2+ years building mobile responsive websites or web applications
- 1+ years experience with React.js
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager, Pardot, Salesforce, Contentful CMS, WordPress all a plus
- Experience optimizing robots.txt files, implementing canonical tags, pagination pages, and identifying/ fixing redirect loops
- Experience with or a desire to dive deep into testing, tracking, and reporting to improve site traffic and lead conversions
- Experience using version control systems (git)
- Comfortable making technical decisions autonomously; ability to learn new and/or unfamiliar technologies quickly to meet marketing team requests
- Knowledge of conversion rate optimization and UX principles and methodologies; changes for search engines are always balanced with user-first experiences
- Understanding of how to reduce crawl budget, remedy site performance issues, and implement/troubleshoot structured data
- Capable of providing detailed but easy-to-understand analysis and recommendations
- “Growth-hacker” mindset; ability to think creatively and find unique opportunities to create growth
- We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we currently do not sponsor H-1B visas
Submittable was started in 2010 by three creatives—a writer, a filmmaker, and a musician—as a simple way to submit creative work. Today it’s a growing social impact platform used by thousands of organizations to manage their programs and maximize their impact.
Submittable has its headquarters in downtown Missoula, Montana, with a satellite office in Seattle, Washington and remote employees located around the U.S.
We offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Discounted fitness memberships, professional development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
- Gender-neutral bathrooms with free pads/tampons
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.