Submittable is seeking a Mobile Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing team in Missoula, MT or Seattle, WA. This position is open to remote candidates and is an incredible opportunity for someone looking to take on a meaningful technical role in a rapidly growing company.
We are looking for engineers interested in building performant mobile apps on both the iOS and Android platforms using React Native. You will be responsible for architecting and building these applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure.
The position is a full-time individual contributor role and reports to the Engineering Manager.
The Mobile Software Engineer responsibilities include:
- Collaborate closely with Product, Design, and fellow engineers
- Build accessible, performant, native-feeling UIs across both mobile platforms
- Leverage native APIs for deep integration with both platforms
- Integrate with with new and existing first-party REST API's
- Maintain code and write automated tests
- Manage application releases to both Apple App Store and Google Play store
- Work with native application modules when required
- Create and clearly communicate technical designs to stakeholders
- Advocate for user experience and adherence to best-practices in mobile application design
An ideal candidate will have these qualities and experience:
- Working knowledge of Java, Kotlin, Android SDK, Objective C, Swift, or Xcode
- Experience working with tools and technologies such as Git, Github Actions, Expo, Node, React, Docker, Redux, React Navigation, Firebase
- A deep understanding of React and React Native best practices
- Familiarity with the Apple Human Interface Guidelines as well as the Material Design Guidelines
- Experience with automated testing suites, like Jest
- We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are unable to accommodate scholastic or employment visas
Submittable was started in 2010 by three creatives—a writer, a filmmaker, and a musician—as a simple way to submit creative work. Today it’s a growing social impact platform used by thousands of organizations to manage their programs and maximize their impact.
Submittable has its headquarters in downtown Missoula, Montana, with a satellite office in Seattle, Washington and remote employees located around the U.S.
We offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Discounted fitness memberships, professional development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
- Gender-neutral bathrooms with free pads/tampons
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.