Submittable is seeking an Account Manager to join our team in Missoula, Montana or Seattle, WA. We are looking for a passionate, driven sales professional with a track record of success selling and expanding solutions in the B2B SaaS software space. In this role you will build strong, long-lasting customer relationships and oversee customer account management, including negotiating contracts and agreements to maximize profit and grow the Submittable footprint.
This is a full-time position and reports to the Director of Account Management. Position is not remote.
The Account Manager responsibilities include:
- Retain and expand business with company clients
- Own the sales cycle from opportunity identification and assessment to closure: foster relationships with existing clients and new prospects; cultivate a consultative sales approach; manage the sales process through responsive, proactive and client-focused communication and client management
- Provide consultative selling and recommendations to increase the quality of solutions provided to clients; offer holistic solutions that truly solve problems by leveraging company products, professional services offerings, and partnerships
- Meet or exceed all sales quotas and renewal goals
- Schedule and perform compelling account assessments that allow company clients to recognize and show the full value achieved through the Submittable solution, and opportunities for further gains
- Develop and maintain deep product knowledge as it pertains to various use cases and industry verticals
- Coordinate with Sales Engineers in software maximization and customer satisfaction
- Partner with our Client Services team to foster the transition from sales cycle to client implementation
- Partner with the whole Customer Success team to ensure customers are getting consistent messaging and experience
An ideal candidate will have these qualities and experience:
- Bachelors degree with 1+ years of B2B SaaS software sales experience
- Strong experience working with corporations and foundations
- Ability to look at each situation with adaptability, flexibility and innovation – a true desire to win and change the world
- Proven track record of exceeding quota on a monthly and annual basis
- High degree of professionalism
- Strong negotiation skills
- Comfort working with all management levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management skills, and a problem-solving attitude
- We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are unable to accommodate scholastic or employment visas
Submittable was started in 2010 by three creatives—a writer, a filmmaker, and a musician—as a simple way to submit creative work. Today it’s a growing social impact platform used by thousands of organizations to manage their programs and maximize their impact.
Submittable has its headquarters in downtown Missoula, Montana, with a satellite office in Seattle, Washington and remote employees located around the U.S.
We offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Discounted fitness memberships, professional development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
- Gender-neutral bathrooms with free pads/tampons
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.