Submittable is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to manage the growing needs of our executive team in Seattle, WA. In this role, you will partner with the CEO and provide outstanding support to the executive staff in all aspects of their roles. Candidates should be motivated self starters and also have the ability to proactively anticipate needs and effectively deliver solutions to the CEO and executive team.
This is a full-time position in Seattle, WA and reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
The Executive Assistant responsibilities include:
- Maintain the overall support of the executives, including complex business calendar and correspondence in a timely and professional manner
- Coordinate special events, team building events, and catering services
- Assist with office management responsibilities
- Coordinate meetings, conference calls, video conferencing and travel arrangements and personal appointments (as applicable) with high attention to detail and follow-up
- Manage multiple administrative projects simultaneously with little or no supervision
- Liaise within the CEO’s corporate employees, across the organization and with external partners/vendors/associations
- Coordinate efforts to ensure that projects are delivered on time and schedules are adhered to on a daily/weekly basis
- Responsible for coordinating payment of expenses, in conjunction with the payroll team
- Provides feedback to executives and company team members, as directed by the CEO
- Serve as gatekeeper for the CEO by fielding phone calls, attend meetings on the CEO’s behalf, take requests for meetings and coordinate various aspects of interdepartmental communication, as necessary
- Receives and manages incoming communication or memos, including mail, on behalf of the CEO and his leadership team. This includes reviewing contents, determine level of importance and summarizes or distributes contents when applicable
- Coordinate errands, shopping and deliveries
- Handles Ad-hoc projects and assignments as the business dictates
An ideal candidate will have these qualities and experience:
- 5+ years of experience assisting at the executive level with direct experience supporting a CTO, CEO, CIO, CMO or C-level executive in a fast paced technical environment.
- Experience working with a SaaS company is a plus.
- Familiar with Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets and Calendar.
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries.
- Vault-like ability to maintain confidentiality and be ultra-discreet.
- Able to perform physical, hands-on tasks in order to assist companies and the office.
- Have excellent calendar skills, including coordination of complex internal and external meetings, using both mobile and desktop.
- Capacity to handle tight deadlines and last-minute changes, adapt quickly while remaining flexible, and problem-solve independently.
Submittable was started in 2010 by three creatives—a writer, a filmmaker, and a musician—as a simple way to submit creative work. Today it’s a growing social impact platform used by thousands of organizations to manage their programs and maximize their impact.
Submittable has its headquarters in downtown Missoula, Montana, with a satellite office in Seattle, Washington and remote employees located around the U.S.
We offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Discounted fitness memberships, professional development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
- Gender-neutral bathrooms with free pads/tampons
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.