Submittable is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our dynamic, growth-driven team in Missoula, MT or Seattle, WA. You’ll be part of a team dedicated to dedicated to providing automation and tools that enable product teams to build, release, and run their services. This position is open to remote candidates and is an incredible opportunity for someone looking to take on a critical infrastructure role in a rapidly growing company.
The position is a full-time individual contributor role and reports to an Engineering Manager of Infrastructure.
The DevOps Engineer responsibilities include:
- Providing automation and tools that enable feature teams to accelerate delivery
- Increasing observability of logs, metrics and tracing
- Mentoring and guiding team members in building well-architected infrastructure
- Following security best-practices and ensure compliance with company policy
- Attending post mortems and contribute to identifying root causes
- Managing stakeholders and external interfaces
- Work with service owners to build scalable infrastructure that follows security best-practices, and keeps data secure both in-transit and at rest
- Participate in our production support process including on-call rotation.
An ideal candidate will have these qualities and experience:
- Requires 2+ years of DevOps and 5+ years of Software Engineering experience
- Experience with building robust continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
- Experience with building and operating a high availability, high traffic SaaS application on the cloud
- Experience with running production workloads on containers
- Committed to infrastructure as code / config with experience using AWS CDK, CloudFormation, Terraform, Pulumi, Helm or similar
- Strong programming fundamentals with knowledge in at least one of the following languages: C#, Python, Scala, Go, or Java
- Strong understanding of cloud networking (VPC, Route Tables, Peering, SGs)
- Deep Linux system programming experience; Windows is a plus
- Experience with setting up and using monitoring tools (CloudWatch, Prometheus, Grafana, Jaeger)
- Experience with security areas such as cloud security, container security, and Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) is nice to have
- Experience with GitOps (Flux, ArgoCD) is nice to have
- Azure, Kubernetes (CKAD), or AWS Certifications (SA, SysOps) are nice to have
- We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we currently do not sponsor H-1B visas.
Submittable was started in 2010 by three creatives—a writer, a filmmaker, and a musician—as a simple way to submit creative work. Today it’s a growing social impact platform used by thousands of organizations to manage their programs and maximize their impact.
Submittable has its headquarters in downtown Missoula, Montana, with a satellite office in Seattle, Washington and remote employees located around the U.S.
We offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Discounted fitness memberships, professional development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
- Gender-neutral bathrooms with free pads/tampons
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.