Submittable is seeking a Technical Product Manager to join our dynamic, growth-driven team in Missoula, MT or Seattle WA.
As a Technical Product Manager, you’ll drive the evolution of our next generation of internal tools. You’ll work closely with your engineering team to deliver solutions that meet the needs of the broader organization - customer success, account management, finance and others.
This is a full-time Individual Contributor role and reports to an Engineering Manager.
The Technical Product Manager responsibilities include:
- Working closely with internal users of our software to understand their needs and wants. Write user stories that clearly define the requirements - not just what’s been requested, but the underlying need
- Collaborate with engineering to determine the best way to meet the requirements
- Prioritize work across multiple projects based on business needs, competing priorities and engineering capacity
- Proactively share updates, progress and challenges with a broad range of stakeholders
- Drive training and rollouts of new products and features
- Develop a product roadmap for the internal tools team. Drive alignment with all stakeholders including engineering and the internal users of each tool
An ideal candidate will have these qualities and experience:
- Product management experience at a SaaS company is ideal, but there are lots of backgrounds that would be a good fit for this role. You may have experience in some other role at a SaaS company; or a role in IT that includes rolling out new software
- Successfully launched new products, features or technologies. Bonus points if the launch was for internal customers
- Understanding of web development. While you won’t be writing code, it’s useful to understand web app architecture, terminology and processes
- Experience working with software engineers, preferably in an Agile development environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Both persuasive and clear in written and verbal communication
Please use your cover letter to describe how you meet the requirements for this position.
- We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we currently do not sponsor H-1B visas
Submittable was started in 2010 by three creatives—a writer, a filmmaker, and a musician—as a simple way to submit creative work. Today it’s a growing social impact platform used by thousands of organizations to manage their programs and maximize their impact.
Submittable has its headquarters in downtown Missoula, Montana, with a satellite office in Seattle, Washington and remote employees located around the U.S.
We offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Discounted fitness memberships, professional development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
- Gender-neutral bathrooms with free pads/tampons
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.