Submittable is seeking a Marketing Manager - Email and Automation to support our rapidly growing team in Missoula, MT. You will work closely with the Submittable Marketing, Operations, and Sales teams to build and drive the performance of a wide range of campaigns. You will be responsible for creating, executing, and reporting on prospect-facing and customer email marketing communications, and nurture campaigns.
This is a full-time position in Missoula, MT and reports to the Director of Growth.
The Marketing Manager responsibilities include:
- Create, manage, and execute industry leading email campaigns that drive sales pipeline and enhance Submittable’s brand image and awareness
- Manage the end-to-end process of email marketing nurture and automation, including but not limited to: creating and managing lists, email copywriting and content selection, email template and campaign creation, QA of emails, creating simple and complex workflows (including AB testing), and ensuring accurate attribution/tracking and reporting
- Design and build effective tracking and dashboarding methodologies to report campaign performance and identify optimization opportunities
- Own the email marketing calendar to keep our database engaged with the latest news, content, and events. You manage the calendar to ensure we're communicating the optimum amount to people that engages them without turning them off
- Translate analytics into clear and actionable recommendations to drive qualified traffic and hone-in on revenue-building activity.
- Manage lead scoring and grading models to drive quality leads to sales by utilizing marketing automation platforms such as Pardot
- Work with the Submittable Sales team to develop cross-channel communication strategy write outbound outreach copy when needed
- Regularly communicate upcoming email campaigns and report on status and results to cross-functional stakeholders
- Develop and run targeted nurture campaigns to create qualified pipeline and shorten the sales cycle in existing opportunities
- Own the email marketing technology stack, manage and troubleshoot automation and integrations
- Manage the use of chat bots on website pages, utilizing AB testing to optimize engagement, report on results and optimize to drive conversion
- Define and continually monitor and improve email marketing metrics
- Create outbound ABM email programs to engage and convert target accounts for sales outreach
An ideal candidate will have these qualities and experience:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in marketing operations in a digital business, with significant experience in marketing automation and CRM.
- Strong understanding of the buyer’s journey and how to serve the right audience the right content at the right time
- Competence and experience as a creative writer and understanding of prospect buyer journey and ABM strategies.
- Knowledge of email marketing best practices.
- Experience collaborating with other teams including but not limited to: marketing operations, sales, product marketing, and brand design
- Experience and expertise in various marketing automation platforms such as Pardot, Marketo, and Hubspot
- Google Analytics certified a plus
Submittable was started in 2010 by three creatives—a writer, a filmmaker, and a musician—as a simple way to submit creative work. Today it’s a growing social impact platform used by thousands of organizations to manage their programs and maximize their impact.
Submittable has its headquarters in downtown Missoula, Montana, with a satellite office in Seattle, Washington and remote employees located around the U.S.
We offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Discounted fitness memberships, professional development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
- Gender-neutral bathrooms with free pads/tampons
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.