Submittable is seeking an experienced Software Engineering Lead to join our dynamic, growth-driven team in Missoula, Montana or Seattle, Washington. Remote candidates will be considered.
You’ll manage and mentor a growing team of engineers working on internal tools. You’ll lead not only at the strategic level, but also tactically by diving deeply into business and technical domains, working closely with internal stakeholders.
The Software Engineering Lead responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of engineers and developers to deliver predictable engineering results while fostering creativity and risk-taking
- Jump into our software and infrastructure, quickly coming up to speed.
- Lead a team of engineers to deliver predictable engineering results
- Develop your team members, grow the overall performance of your team, and contribute to the performance of your peers’ teams, department, and Submittable as a whole
- Break down a large/complex problem, quickly derive an efficient design, document and implement the core framework, and hand off the simple components to staff
- Drive the technical and organizational roadmap for the team
- Work with a cross-functional teams including product and other internal stakeholders in all phases of product development
An ideal candidate will have these qualities and experience:
- Proven track record in building high-performing teams; experience hiring and retaining software engineers
- 1+ years of experience managing technical staff
- Deep understanding of Agile software development, including scrum
- Legacy and modern Web Application design paradigms and at least one stack, top to bottom. Our legacy stack is ASP.NET MVC, C#, and SQL Server. We’re migrating to a server less infrastructure using .NET Core, Lambda and Postgres. On the front-end, you'll find React and Redux.
- Modern cloud native infrastructure and design principles, specifically in the context of AWS
- How to write well, and a bias to write things down.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we currently do not sponsor H-1B visas
Submittable was started in 2010 by three creatives—a writer, a filmmaker, and a musician—as a simple way to submit creative work. Today it’s a growing social impact platform used by thousands of organizations to manage their programs and maximize their impact.
Submittable has its headquarters in downtown Missoula, Montana, with a satellite office in Seattle, Washington and remote employees located around the U.S.
We offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Discounted fitness memberships, professional development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
- Gender-neutral bathrooms with free pads/tampons
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.