Submittable is seeking an experienced Full Stack Software Engineer to join our dynamic, growth-driven team in Missoula, Montana or Seattle, WA. This position is open to remote candidates and is an incredible opportunity for someone looking to take on a meaningful technical role in a rapidly growing company.
We’re looking for software engineers who can take a feature from idea to delivery. You’ll be responsible for the implementation of new features and the refactoring of existing portions of our widely used platform.
The position is a full-time individual contributor role and reports to an Engineering Manager.
The Full Stack Software Engineer responsibilities include:
- Jump into our software and infrastructure, quickly coming up to speed
- Implement new features on the platform
- Refactor or “burn down” legacy features and components
- Identify improvements to our existing platform. The improvements might include enhancements to our developer experience, our infrastructure architecture, and our core software, to support near-term growth and stability
- Work closely with a wonderful team of test engineers, product managers, and product designers
- Writing and review code
- Effective translation of product and engineering requirements into well crafted and implemented features/components.
- Contributions to the core platform and improvements to existing and legacy components and infrastructure.
An ideal candidate will have these qualities and experience:
- Legacy and modern Web Application design paradigms and at least one stack, top to bottom. Our legacy stack is ASP.NET MVC, C#, and SQL Server. We’re migrating to a server less infrastructure using .NET Core, Lambda, and Postgres. On the front-end, you'll find React and Redux
- Software Engineering and Agile principles
- Modern cloud native infrastructure and design principles, specifically in the context of AWS
- How to work well with other experienced software engineers and mentor less experienced software engineers
- We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we currently do not sponsor H-1B visas
Submittable was started in 2010 by three creatives—a writer, a filmmaker, and a musician—as a simple way to submit creative work. Today it’s a growing social impact platform used by thousands of organizations to manage their programs and maximize their impact.
Submittable has its headquarters in downtown Missoula, Montana, with a satellite office in Seattle, Washington and remote employees located around the U.S.
We offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Discounted fitness memberships, professional development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
- Gender-neutral bathrooms with free pads/tampons
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.