Submittable is seeking an energetic, customer-facing Technical implementation Engineer to help deliver exciting and deeply impactful solutions for our customers. In this role you will partner with Submittable’s solutions architecture and account management teams to understand user requirements and communicate how Submittable can solve their business and technical challenges. You will be a technical jack of all trades who can deliver solutions from high-level architecture down to writing code. Your efforts will help solve new, high-impact challenges that support major philanthropic initiatives that improve communities and individual’s lives.
This is a full time position and reports to the Manager of Professional Services.
The Technical implementation Engineer responsibilities include:
- Interface directly with our largest users’ technical teams, serving as their primary technical point of contact during integration
- Create technical content (documents, diagrams, sample code, tests, etc.) to show customers how to implement specific use cases or best practices
- Write scripts and custom software that deliver tailored solutions and integrations for our customers
- Perform various tests on process with help of test cases and prepare documents for the same and coordinate with manager to resolve all issues within required timeframe and inform management of any delays.
- Working knowledge of web service APIs, REST, etc
- Fix SQL script and optimize
- Partner with Product Management in regards to product improvements via implementation
- Document processes and knowledge base articles to increase efficiency and reduce required work effort
An ideal candidate will have these qualities and experience:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems related studies preferred
- 5+ years of experience with a strong technical generalist background
- 2+ years of production-level software developer experience with fluency in at least 2 programming languages
- Working knowledge of AWS infrastructure, web services, and operations
- Confident communication skills, ability to write clear, concise documents
- We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we currently do not sponsor H-1B visas
Submittable was started in 2010 by three creatives—a writer, a filmmaker, and a musician—as a simple way to submit creative work. Today it’s a growing social impact platform used by thousands of organizations to manage their programs and maximize their impact.
Submittable has its headquarters in downtown Missoula, Montana, with a satellite office in Seattle, Washington and remote employees located around the U.S.
We offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Discounted fitness memberships, professional development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
- Gender-neutral bathrooms with free pads/tampons
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.