Submittable is seeking a Machine Learning Engineer to build out the data science team in Missoula, MT or Seattle WA. This position is open to remote candidates and is an incredible opportunity for someone looking to help build out and define data science at a rapidly growing company.
We’re looking for data scientists who can take an NLP product from idea to delivery. You will also be responsible for data exploration and developing the models necessary for delivering our product.
This is a full-time position and reports to the Head of Data Science.
The Machine Learning Engineer responsibilities include:
- Develop tools for exploring company data, visualizing it, ingesting it into models, and analyzing results
- Cultivate strategies and models to enable our ML products, including the use of cutting edge methods and models when appropriate
- Interact effectively with a wonderful team of test engineers, engineers, product managers, and product designers
- Write and review code
- Translate product requirements into functional machine learning models and machinery
- Design and engineer internal data science tools to assist the team
An ideal candidate will have these qualities and experience:
- 3-5 years of data science experience with 1+ years of NLP experience
- Python: you should be comfortable with most aspects of the language
- Familiarity with the following:
- Pytorch or Tensorflow and SQL
- Matplotlib/bokeh/altair or similar
- Classical ML models (Random Forest, Gradient Boosted Trees, SVM, etc.) and deep learning architectures (transformers, RNNs, etc.) and applying them to NLP problems
- Classical NLP techniques and workflows
- Comfortable with object oriented design principles
- Good at communicating technical topics to a non-technical audience
- We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we currently do not sponsor H-1B visas
Submittable was started in 2010 by three creatives—a writer, a filmmaker, and a musician—as a simple way to submit creative work. Today it’s a growing social impact platform used by thousands of organizations to manage their programs and maximize their impact.
Submittable has its headquarters in downtown Missoula, Montana, with a satellite office in Seattle, Washington and remote employees located around the U.S.
We offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Discounted fitness memberships, professional development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
- Gender-neutral bathrooms with free pads/tampons
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.