Submittable is seeking an experienced Product Designer to join our team in Seattle, WA or Missoula, MT. As a product designer for Submittable, you will be designing products and workflows that enable corporations and foundations to deliver good at scale, helping millions of people in need of aid. You will be part of a product team consisting of a product manager, product designer, lead engineer, and staff engineers and will contribute to building products that are powerful yet intuitive with a focus on getting the user to ‘wow’ as quickly as possible.
This is a full time position and reports to the Product Manager.
The Product Designer responsibilities include:
- Partner with your product manager and lead engineer from customer discovery and problem finding through ideation, design, and delivery
- Creatively solve design problems considering multiple approaches to simplify the user experience and accelerate “time to wow”
- Collaborate cross-functionally to gather, evaluate, and define user requirements
- Influence product strategy and roadmap and contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Implement several design techniques including information architecture, user flows, wireframes, mockups, and clickable prototypes to be used for usability research and customer feedback
- Validate design and product effectiveness by using a variety of testing techniques
- Give and receive feedback from other designers
An ideal candidate will have these qualities and experience:
- 5+ years of product and UX design experience
- Familiarity with UX software including Sketch, InVision, and Balsamiq
- Experience working in an agile design and development environment
- Comfort with dealing with ambiguity
- Experience running projects independently end to end
- Familiarity with design techniques including storyboarding, information architecture, interaction models, user research, and wireframes
- Ability to balance between business needs and perfection to keep our innovation pipeline moving
- Experience designing SaaS software
- Experience working at a startup or growth stage company
- To be considered for the position you will need to provide a design portfolio of your work
- We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we currently do not sponsor H-1B visas
Submittable was started in 2010 by three creatives—a writer, a filmmaker, and a musician—as a simple way to submit creative work. Today it’s a growing social impact platform used by thousands of organizations to manage their programs and maximize their impact.
Submittable has its headquarters in downtown Missoula, Montana, with a satellite office in Seattle, Washington and remote employees located around the U.S.
We offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Discounted fitness memberships, professional development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
- Gender-neutral bathrooms with free pads/tampons
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.