Submittable is seeking an experienced Customer Support Manager to join our team in Missoula, MT. The Manager of Customer Support works closely with the VP of Customer Success to develop, maintain, and improve operational processes and procedures, ensuring the Customer Support team meets or exceeds current and future business goals. They will also shape and support an outstanding experience for our Customer Success team, and Submittable departments.
This is a full time position and reports to the VP of Customer Success.
The Customer Support Manager responsibilities include:
- Develops departmental strategies and objectives to ensure Customer Support-related initiatives are successful
- Drives improvements to processes to guarantee service level agreements are met and team utilization is maximized
- Regularly measures success metrics and provides weekly reporting
- Implements customer satisfaction initiatives to assess and analyze customer feedback
- Oversees development of customer resources and measures impact on support inquiries
- Manages Customer Success Quality Assurance, making certain that root causes of issues are identified and resolved
- Determines the need to escalate and prioritize customer issues as they arise and, when necessary, creates solutions and corresponds with the customer to maintain satisfaction
- Works closely with other Customer Success leaders to establish effective communication channels
- Works with Product Development to create training plans that ensure Customer Support has the tools and knowledge needed to successfully support our customer base
- Coaches team, provides regular feedback during 1:1 meetings with staff, and holds regular performance reviews
An ideal candidate will have these qualities and experience:
- 3+ years Management experience, preferably in the Saas Industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence and patience when dealing with difficult situations
- Proven ability to supervise, motivate, and lead a team
- Ability to gather, analyze and interpret data; and identify, define and solve problems
- Proficiency with SalesForce, help desk software, and Excel
- Understanding of CSAT, NPS, and other customer satisfaction ratings
- We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we currently do not sponsor H-1B visas
Submittable was started in 2010 by three creatives—a writer, a filmmaker, and a musician—as a simple way to submit creative work. Today it’s a growing social impact platform used by thousands of organizations to manage their programs and maximize their impact.
Submittable has its headquarters in downtown Missoula, Montana, with a satellite office in Seattle, Washington and remote employees located around the U.S.
We offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Discounted fitness memberships, professional development stipends, and book purchase reimbursement
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees
- Gender-neutral bathrooms with free pads/tampons
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.