STUDIOS Architecture is looking for an experienced Project Architect to join our Washington DC Office. You are collaborative by nature and enjoy both teaching and learning from others. You are a good communicator who builds strong relationships with team members while balancing the demands of multiple projects at various stages of development. You are passionate about the impact of design on people’s lives and have an interest in building performance, technology, and sustainability in design and construction.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design required
- 7+ years of work experience in all project phases at an architecture or interior design firm on large commercial office, mixed-use, civic, education, cultural or other complex projects
- Licensure preferred but not required
- LEED accreditation preferred but not required
- Lead documentation and coordination efforts for architectural projects, either independently for multiple small projects or collaboratively as part of a large, complex project.
- Coordinate consultant designs and documents
- Develop and present initial design concepts
- Develop designs and contract documents with an understanding of building systems, sustainability goals, accessibility and regulatory compliance
- Participate in firm-wide quality management & control procedures to ensure documents meet our rigorous standard of excellence
- Create thoughtful construction details
- Shepherd projects through construction administration to ensure design excellence is carried through to project completion
- Review RFI and submittals for compliance with design intent
- Provide leadership and mentorship to junior architects and designers
- Revit proficiency required
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite is preferred but not required
- Experience in all phases of Architectural services from Schematic Design through Construction Documentation and Construction Administration preferred
- Experience with LEED documentation and certification, space programming, space planning, workplace strategy, entitlements, and planning approvals preferred
STUDIOS’ collaborative spirit leads to creative, responsible place-making and transformative design. Our process engages the full team in the design, based upon our belief that the best ideas can come from anywhere. We enjoy a strong studio culture and foster a community of friends and colleagues who are passionate about creating world-class design. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits including comprehensive healthcare, generous personal leave, flexible work environments and support for professional development opportunities.
STUDIOS Architecture is fully committed to the concept and practice of equal opportunity and affirmative action in all aspects of employment.