Founded in 2012, Student Loan Hero (https://studentloanhero.com) is on a mission to help 44 million people manage and repay over $1.4 trillion in student loan debt.
Student Loan Hero combines financial education with easy-to-use tools, unbiased personalized advice and repayment plans to help student loan borrowers become financially healthy.
What does the Customer Experience Manager do?
The Customer Experience Manager is focused on continuously improving our customer experience. From answering support tickets to building out customer support processes, this position is responsible for designing, implementing, and evolving the customer service experience. Secondly, this role will help guide our business strategy by collecting and sharing valuable customer feedback with the executive team and other business units.
- Design systems, processes, and frameworks to help scale customer support.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the customer experience.
- Track trends in customer support issues and analyze related data.
- Regularly share customer insights and feedback across teams, such as the product, engineering, marketing, and content teams.
- Provide professional and empathetic responses to customers, responding to and resolving customer support tickets in a timely manner.
- Participate in the innovation process by providing recommendations for improvements for our site functionality, design, and/or content based on customer data.
- Possess a deep understanding of our mission and how we provide value to our customers.
- Collect, analyze and synthesize both qualitative and quantitative customer support, onboarding, and other user data.
- Collaborate with design and marketing teams to identify and improve our Voice of the Customer.
- Design systems to help us collect and measure qualitative and quantitative feedback.
- Serve as a representative of and subject matter expert for our site and our business.
- Other duties as assigned.
What’s it like to work on the Student Loan Hero team?
Student Loan Hero is a fully remote team. We have team members all over the world, in cities including NYC, Austin, Portland, Santiago, and St. Petersburg.
Since we’re literally all over the map, communication using Slack, Gmail, Basecamp, Google Hangouts, and other tools is key for us. Don't worry—you won't be alone. We communicate regularly throughout the day.
As a growing company, most team members get to wear multiple hats, giving you tremendous learning and development opportunities. We believe in giving our team members autonomy to work on projects that interest them. Also, we place value on the output of each team member, and not simply the amount of facetime or hours you spend online.
A large part of our culture and values is transparency - we believe that team members should collaborate and communicate, not compete or engage in office politics.
At the same time, we like to make work as much fun as possible and “embrace the weird” about ourselves. We encourage our team to grow both personally and professionally, which is why we offer wellness and educational stipends, as well as several other great perks.
Above all, we’re proud to work on meaningful projects that impact the financial health of millions of people.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of two (2) years of customer service and/or related analytical experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to solve problems with creative thinking
- Strong attention to detail
- Superior communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated track record of strong customer service
- Ability to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and business needs
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor
- Ability to adhere to brand guidelines
- Ability to collaborate across teams
- Comfortable using various support ticketing systems, CRM tools,
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and location.
- Equity: We’ll give you vested shares in the company.
- Vacation: Unlimited.
- Flexible hours: Work when you’re most productive.
- Work remotely: Work from wherever you want in the world. (Costa Rica, anyone?)
- New equipment: We’ll hook you up with a $2,000 technology stipend to purchase a laptop or whatever helps you work.
- Remote workspace: We’ll pay up to $500/month for a remote office space (e.g., co-working space).
- Wellness: We cover 100% of premiums for employees and dependents on a silver-level health insurance plan, plus you get up to $150/month for gym, fitness classes, nutrition counseling, weight loss programs, nutritious food delivery service, acupuncture, massages, workout equipment, or race registrations.
- Continuing education: Up to $100/month for courses, books, or anything you’d like to learn!
- Financial contribution: Receive a 100% match of up to 3% of annual salary to a retirement account, or a 100% match of up to $2,000 toward student loan repayment assistance.