Student Loan Hero (SLH) combines financial education with easy-to-use tools to help the millions of Americans living with student loan debt to manage their student loans smarter.
Founded in 2012, Student Loan Hero (https://studentloanhero.com) is on a mission to help 44 million people manage and repay over $1.4 trillion in student loan debt.
Student Loan Hero combines financial education with easy-to-use tools, unbiased personalized advice and repayment plans to help student loan borrowers become financially healthy.
What does the Paid Marketing Specialist do?
The mission of the Paid Marketing Specialist is to nurture Student Loan Hero’s growing user base and optimize campaigns to drive top and bottom of funnel traffic, while also keeping a close eye on revenue and ROI.
As our Paid Marketing Specialist, you’ll work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager in executing, managing and optimizing paid advertising campaigns and strategies for Student Loan Hero that result in sustainable hyper-growth through delivery of ROI-positive campaigns. You would oversee channels with high-intent users, particularly technical search advertising, remarketing management, and assisting with overall campaign optimization. You must also be able to manage the entire delivery of ad campaigns including: prospecting new platforms and opportunities, sourcing advertising assets, launching campaigns and analyzing data. Role also requires to work with contractors and other third-parties and ensure accountability.
Success in the role will require a strong analytical mindset, a passion for marketing, and a hunger for continual learning.
Your core responsibilities will include strategic advertising optimization, ad data analysis & reporting, funnel management, and managing daily spend on revenue-focused campaigns.
- Provide support in the area of marketing strategy, execution, and management
- Manage channels with high ad revenue generation including: Search, Display, Social and Retargeting Platforms.
- Provide direction to contractors and third-party organizations assisting in ad execution.
- Identify industry trends and provide strategic direction based on competitor analysis.
- Build, develop, and improve funnel management map for use within all areas of paid marketing
- Launch ad campaigns and continually optimize for strong ROI
- Monitor and optimize advertising campaign performance
- Scale revenue-generating campaigns through marketing automation
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, economics, or related discipline required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in digital marketing
- Previous experience leading and managing digital marketing campaigns across multiple channels (Google Adwords, Facebook Ads Manager, Taboola, Outbrain, Criteo, Yahoo Gemini, AdRoll)
- Familiarity with ad revenue optimization best practices and tools
- Experience using web analytics platforms (Google Analytics, Heap, Mixpanel)
- Exceptional analytical skills and experience working in a data-driven environment
- Ability to manage spend and maintain velocity at desired pace
What’s it like to work on the Student Loan Hero team?
Student Loan Hero is a fully remote team. We have team members all over the world, in cities including NYC, Austin, Portland, Santiago, and St. Petersburg.
Since we’re literally all over the map, communication using Slack, Gmail, Google Hangouts, and other tools is key for us. Don't worry—you won't be alone. We communicate regularly throughout the day.
In our small group, each team member uses highly specialized skills while working on a variety of projects. We enjoy giving our team members autonomy to do the work that interests them. We’re focused on the output of each team member, not putting in long hours.
We’re always open to new ways to create better content and make Student Loan Hero better for student loan borrowers, and we want to hear new ideas from you. A large part of our culture and values is transparency. We believe that team members should collaborate and communicate, not compete or engage in office politics.
At the same time, we like to make work as much fun as possible. We want everyone on our team to grow both personally and professionally, which is why we offer wellness and educational bonuses, as well as several other great perks.
Above all, we’re each proud to work on solving meaningful problems and to impact lives every day. Whether it’s authoring a blog post read by thousands of borrowers or answering a one-on-one customer support question, we value that working for Student Loan Hero makes a positive impact.
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and location
- Equity: We'll give you vested shares in the company
- Vacation: Unlimited (No, really - we mean it!)
- Flexible hours: Work when you’re most productive
- Work remotely: Work from wherever you want in the world (Costa Rica, anyone?)
- New equipment: We’ll hook you up with a $2,000 technology stipend to purchase a laptop or whatever helps you work
- Remote workspace: We'll pay up to $500/month for a remote office space (e.g., co-working space)
- Wellness: Up to $450/month for wellness-related expenses, including health insurance and gym membership
- Continuing education: Up to $100/month for courses, books, or anything you’d like to learn!
- Financial contribution: Receive a 100% match of up to 3% of annual salary to a retirement account, and up to $2,000 annually toward student loan repayment assistance.