Student Loan Hero (SLH) combines financial education with easy-to-use tools to help the millions of Americans living with student loan debt to manage their student loans smarter.
Founded in 2012, Student Loan Hero (https://studentloanhero.com) is on a mission to help 44 million people manage and repay over $1.4 trillion in student loan debt.
Student Loan Hero combines financial education with easy-to-use tools, unbiased personalized advice and repayment plans to help student loan borrowers become financially healthy.
What does the Content Partnerships Manager do?
The mission of the Content Partnerships Manager is to increase the visibility of SLH’s high-quality personal finance content. We already contribute regularly to sites like Forbes, USA TODAY, and Huffington Post. We need someone’s help maintaining these existing relationships while continuously working towards having our content reach new audiences.
The Content Partnerships Manager will work cross-departmentally with the outreach and content teams and serve as the liaison between SLH and potential/existing partners. Their responsibilities will include: identifying potential content partners, securing syndication deals, securing byline/column opportunities, managing day-to-day partner relations, ideating new story angles, delivering those stories to be published, and communicating feedback from partners to our content team.
The ideal candidate for this position should have excellent written and oral communication skills. Success in this position will require a high level of proactivity-- always looking ahead and identifying new channels and methods by which we may grow and improve the distribution of our content.
What’s it like to work on the Student Loan Hero team?
Student Loan Hero is a fully remote team. We have team members all over the world, in cities including NYC, Austin, Portland, Santiago, and St. Petersburg.
Since we’re literally all over the map, communication using Slack, Gmail, Basecamp, Google Hangouts, and other tools is key for us. Don't worry—you won't be alone. We communicate regularly throughout the day.
As a growing company, most team members get to wear multiple hats, giving you tremendous learning and development opportunities. We believe in giving our team members autonomy to work on projects that interest them. Also, we place value on the output of each team member, and not simply the amount of facetime or hours you spend online.
A large part of our culture and values is transparency - we believe that team members should collaborate and communicate, not compete or engage in office politics.
At the same time, we like to make work as much fun as possible and “embrace the weird” about ourselves. We encourage our team to grow both personally and professionally, which is why we offer wellness and educational stipends, as well as several other great perks.
Above all, we’re proud to work on meaningful projects that impact the financial health of millions of people.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-5+ years experience of working in the digital media space
- Demonstrated experience in securing syndication partnerships required
- Established relationships with personal finance editors a PLUS
- Self-starter with the ability and desire to work under limited supervision
- Strong skills in communication, creative strategy, and project management
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and location.
- Equity: We’ll give you vested shares in the company.
- Vacation: Unlimited.
- Flexible hours: Work when you’re most productive.
- Work remotely: Work from wherever you want in the world. (Costa Rica, anyone?)
- New equipment: We’ll hook you up with a $2,000 technology stipend to purchase a laptop or whatever helps you work.
- Remote workspace: We’ll pay up to $500/month for a remote office space (e.g., co-working space).
- Wellness: We cover 100% of premiums for employees and dependents on a silver-level health insurance plan, plus you get up to $150/month for gym, fitness classes, nutrition counseling, weight loss programs, nutritious food delivery service, acupuncture, massages, workout equipment, or race registrations.
- Continuing education: Up to $100/month for courses, books, or anything you’d like to learn!
- Financial contribution: Receive a 100% match of up to 3% of annual salary to a retirement account, or a 100% match of up to $2,000 toward student loan repayment assistance.