Student Loan Hero (SLH) combines financial education with easy-to-use tools to help the millions of Americans living with student loan debt to manage their student loans smarter.
Founded in 2012, Student Loan Hero (https://studentloanhero.com) is on a mission to help 44 million people manage and repay over $1.4 trillion in student loan debt.
Student Loan Hero combines financial education with easy-to-use tools, unbiased personalized advice and repayment plans to help student loan borrowers become financially healthy.
What does the Director of Conversion Optimization do?
There are over 44 million Americans living with student loan debt - Student Loan Hero is on a mission to help all of them manage their student loans smarter.
As the Director of Conversion Optimization, you’ll be responsible for identifying conversion rate optimization opportunities across multiple digital and website funnels, and working cross functionally with our team to create, launch, and measure optimization efforts.
Your core responsibilities will include analyzing qualitative and quantitative funnel data to identify conversion opportunities, formulate hypotheses, launch experiments, measure test data, and utilizing test findings to drive company strategy and growth. Success in this role will lead to conversion improvements across the entire customer journey, including customer acquisition, activation, retention, referrals and revenue.
A successful candidate is not afraid to get their hands dirty, and will have experience in customer and market research, data analysis, funnel optimization, split testing, and a track record of growing revenues for their organization.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative visitor analysis to understand customer behavior and identify conversion optimization opportunities.
- Develop conversion hypotheses and launch optimization tests, including A/B and multivariate tests.
- Analyze experimental data and identify “winners”.
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Content teams to launch tests, improve conversion rates, and drive strategy.
- Hire, train, manage and lead a team of optimization experts capable of carrying out optimization and growth hacking best practices.
- Identify industry trends and provide strategic direction based on competitor analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
What’s it like to work on the Student Loan Hero team?
Student Loan Hero is a fully remote team. We have team members all over the world, in cities including NYC, Austin, Portland, Santiago, and St. Petersburg.
Since we’re literally all over the map, communication using Slack, Gmail, Google Hangouts, and other tools is key for us. Don't worry—you won't be alone. We communicate regularly throughout the day.
As a growing company, most team members get to wear multiple hats, giving you tremendous learning and development opportunities. We believe in giving our team members autonomy to work on projects that interest them. Also, we place value on the output of each team member, and not simply the amount of face-time or hours you spend online.
A large part of our culture and values is transparency—we believe that team members should collaborate and communicate, not compete or engage in office politics.
At the same time, we like to make work as much fun as possible and “embrace the weird” about ourselves. We encourage our team to grow both personally and professionally, which is why we offer wellness and educational stipends, as well as several other great perks.
Above all, we’re proud to work on meaningful projects that impact the financial health of millions of people.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, behavioral psychology, human factors, information technology, information design, computer science, or related (Master’s degree preferred, but not required)
- At least eight (8) years of experience in conversion optimization or related field
- Strong project management skills. (Familiarity with agile principles preferred.)
- Strong understanding of split testing and CRO concepts and optimization methodologies including hypothesis formulation, effective test design and statistical analysis
- Familiarity with A/B testing tools such as VWO, Maxymiser and Optimizely
- Expert knowledge in web analytics tools, including Google Analytics, Heap, and Mixpanel
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide spectrum of audiences.
- Proven track record of building analytics strategies and teams.
- Team player with experience working in a fast-paced environment, meeting tight deadlines, and shifting priorities based on business need.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Solid critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and location.
- Equity: We’ll give you vested shares in the company.
- Vacation: Unlimited.
- Flexible hours: Work when you’re most productive.
- Work remotely: Work from wherever you want in the world. (Costa Rica, anyone?)
- New equipment: We’ll hook you up with a $2,000 technology stipend to purchase a laptop or whatever helps you work.
- Remote workspace: We’ll pay up to $500/month for a remote office space (e.g., co-working space).
- Wellness: We cover 100% of premiums for employees and dependents on a silver-level health insurance plan, plus you get up to $150/month for gym, fitness classes, nutrition counseling, weight loss programs, nutritious food delivery service, acupuncture, massages, workout equipment, or race registrations.
- Continuing education: Up to $100/month for courses, books, or anything you’d like to learn!
- Financial contribution: Receive a 100% match of up to 3% of annual salary to a retirement account, or a 100% match of up to $2,000 toward student loan repayment assistance.