Student Loan Hero (SLH) combines financial education with easy-to-use tools to help the millions of Americans living with student loan debt to manage their student loans smarter.
Founded in 2012, Student Loan Hero (https://studentloanhero.com) is on a mission to help 44 million people manage and repay over $1.4 trillion in student loan debt.
Student Loan Hero combines financial education with easy-to-use tools, unbiased personalized advice and repayment plans to help student loan borrowers become financially healthy.
What does the Vice President of Marketing do?
There are over 44 million Americans living with student loan debt. As the Vice President of Marketing you’ll be responsible for creating, implementing, and optimizing our marketing strategy that helps us find, connect, and assist student loan borrowers.
Your core responsibilities will include strategic customer acquisition, funnel management, and directing day-to-day activities of marketing team. Secondary responsibilities include building out our marketing team and customer research.
A successful candidate for this role will have a wide breadth of digital marketing experience, including: search engine optimization, funnel optimization (A/B testing), paid advertising management, email marketing, copywriting, data analysis, social media and public relations.
- Serve as head of marketing for Student Loan Hero, providing leadership and support in the area of marketing strategy, execution, and management.
- Develop the annual marketing plan and the strategies, tactics, and resources necessary to achieve company goals.
- Build, develop, and manage a marketing team capable of carrying out the necessary marketing strategies and tactics.
- Design, develop, and improve workflow processes, including marketing automation and campaign management.
- Identify industry trends and provide strategic direction based on competitor analysis.
- Develop customer research processes and integrate findings into marketing activities.
- Create a marketing reporting system that tracks, measures, and analyzes performance.
- Support development of joint ventures, affiliations, and partnership arrangements.
- May travel as needed.
What’s it like to work on the Student Loan Hero team?
Student Loan Hero is a fully remote team. We have team members all over the world, in cities including NYC, Austin, Portland, Santiago, and St. Petersburg.
Since we’re literally all over the map, communication using Slack, Gmail, Google Hangouts, and other tools is key for us. Don't worry—you won't be alone. We communicate regularly throughout the day.
As a growing company, most team members get to wear multiple hats, giving you tremendous learning and development opportunities. We believe in giving our team members autonomy to work on projects that interest them. Also, we place value on the output of each team member, and not simply the amount of facetime or hours you spend online.
A large part of our culture and values is transparency—we believe that team members should collaborate and communicate, not compete or engage in office politics.
At the same time, we like to make work as much fun as possible and “embrace the weird” about ourselves. We encourage our team to grow both personally and professionally, which is why we offer wellness and educational stipends, as well as several other great perks.
Above all, we’re proud to work on meaningful projects that impact the financial health of millions of people.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, economics, or related discipline required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience and a demonstrated track record of accomplishments in marketing within tech industry and/or high-growth companies.
- Expert communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to create and provide strategic direction.
- Ability to build and manage department budget.
- Ability to effectively cope with change, shift gears comfortably, and prioritize appropriately.
- Ability to collect and synthesize customer research.
- Ability to analyze data and trends.
- Ability to work independently and/or collaborate with others as needed.
- Strong project management skills. (Familiarity with agile principles preferred.)
- Proven track record of success in funnel management and attribution modeling.
- Proficiency with a wide range of tools preferred, including examples below:
- Data analytics (Google Analytics, Heap, and Mixpanel)
- Optimization (VWO, Optimizely)
- Advertising management platforms (Google Adwords, Facebook Ads Manager, Taboola, Outbrain, Criteo)
- Email marketing (ActiveCampaign and Mailgun)
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and location.
- Equity: We’ll give you vested shares in the company.
- Vacation: Unlimited.
- Flexible hours: Work when you’re most productive.
- Work remotely: Work from wherever you want in the world. (Costa Rica, anyone?)
- New equipment: We’ll hook you up with a $2,000 technology stipend to purchase a laptop or whatever helps you work.
- Remote workspace: We’ll pay up to $500/month for a remote office space (e.g., co-working space).
- Wellness: We cover 100% of premiums for employees and dependents on a silver-level health insurance plan, plus you get up to $150/month for gym, fitness classes, nutrition counseling, weight loss programs, nutritious food delivery service, acupuncture, massages, workout equipment, or race registrations.
- Continuing education: Up to $100/month for courses, books, or anything you’d like to learn!
- Financial contribution: Receive a 100% match of up to 3% of annual salary to a retirement account, or a 100% match of up to $2,000 toward student loan repayment assistance.