Our mission is to help international students find their perfect home abroad
Student.com is an exciting, fast growing tech company focused on the international student market. Based in Shanghai, London, New York, Austin, Hong Kong, Melbourne and Dubai we are a team that combines unparalleled experience in growing successful digital businesses with some of the most passionate young professionals from around the world.
We believe in putting our customers first and giving students complete peace of mind when planning their journey of study abroad. We currently focus on accommodation, but are building a company that can help students with all aspects of their lives away from home.
- Assist the business in achieving its goals by converting data into information and then business insight
- Creation and support of company dashboards
- Responsible for monitoring company performance and alerting departments with good and bad news
- Preparation of presentations for company huddles
- Providing support to the business on best techniques to perform analysis
- Confidence and verification support to business units as they do their own data analysis
- Working with the Engineering team you will be the primary business owner of the data engineering team.
- Identify opportunities to exploit our data in support of our business objectives.
- Support key projects to prove and implement valuable new techniques.
- Design and delivery of advanced analytical models, such as clustering, segmentations or propensity models, to answer core business questions
- Design and deliver insight solutions, including bespoke tools, reports and dashboards, to meet business user needs
- Establish common methodologies and analytical approaches across divisions and functions, to ensure consistency in the use of data and best practice in analytical techniques
Skill & Experience
- Degree in or related to statistics, mathematics or economics
- Able to demonstrate good experience in an analytics and/or statistical mining role in a commercial environment
- Familiar with SQL, statistical tools such as SAS, SPSS or R as well as VBA and Excel
- If you also have experience with data visualisation tools like Tableau or others that would be advantageous
- Building and delivery to production analytical models
- Support the wider business strategy from an information perspective
- Display an entrepreneurial approach to your work and have the ability to identify new opportunities to add value and think innovatively
- Work with creative colleagues within the business to translate complex analytical methodologies to business-friendly concepts
- High quality of SQL coding with a zero error mentality