Competitive salary plus bonus - Fixed Term Contract
Who are we?
Student.com is the world’s leading marketplace for international student housing, helping students find their perfect home abroad. With over 800,000 beds in more than 400 cities and in close proximity to 1,000 universities, we offer the best choice of quality housing options and work with professional landlords only. We took bookings from students in over 120 countries last year.
The International Sales & Customer Services team is growing and we are now looking for more talented people who are passionate about helping students find suitable accommodation abroad (perhaps you have been there yourself), love travel and will be able to provide guidance and reassurance to our students.
This is NOT a cold calling role. All of our customer enquiries and contacts are driven from our partners or customers leaving their details on our website, www.student.com. No hard selling is involved, we build trust with our customers and provide value by offering the best accommodation option based on their needs.
This is a Fixed Term Contract until end of September, to cover our peak season of students wanting to book accommodation around the world. There are excellent prospects to convert this opportunity into a full time contract. This is a fast-growing team which can offer an excellent and accelerated career path for customer focussed, driven and ambitious individuals. In addition, we offer excellent benefits in working with us including full training and development.
Our London office is located within easy reach of major public transport links, overlooking The National Gallery and Trafalgar Square. Student.com is a fun and vibrant international company. We have created a fantastic work environment with a fully stocked breakfast, coffee and snack bar, ample work and breakout areas, as well as an amazing team.
- Answer inbound calls, emails and live chat messages from students
- Contact and progress every lead to maximise sales opportunities through multiple contact methods, including phone, email and live chat
- Consult customers to understand their needs and empower them to make a purchasing decision
- Build strong customer rapport through a high quality of written/oral communications and by demonstrating excellent product knowledge
- Manage knowledge about the booking process and all service options available for students
- Complete all required administration and recording of sales through CRM system and other business systems
- Build strong relationships with team members, and provide flexible and prompt support at all times
Essential skills and experience
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English
- In-depth experience of selling to customers
- Experience in telesales role working with sales targets and KPIs preferred
- Consultative selling techniques
- Bachelor degree or relevant work experience
- Ability to build rapport, handle objections and close sales in English. Another language would be a bonus
- Someone who is able to influence and empower the customer to make a purchasing decision
- Excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
- Ability to use multiple customer contact and online systems. Knowledge of Salesforce desired but not essential
- Excellent team player who contributes ideas for the success of the team
- Self-motivated, results oriented sales person with track record of delivering to targets
- Ability to manage different tasks at the same time
- Quick to learn and apply knowledge
- Resilient and consistent, with ability to bounce back from setbacks and remain focused on goals
- Flexible with regards to shift patterns and working hours
- Full training provided
- Currently based in London and able to commute to Trafalgar Square/Charing Cross
Closing date: Monday 13th March 2017.