Our mission is to help international students find their perfect home abroad
We are an exciting, growing tech company focused on the international student market with offices in London, Austin, Hong Kong, Melbourne as well as multiple offices across China. We are a team that combines unparalleled experience in growing successful digital businesses with some of the most exciting young professionals working in technology today. We believe in putting our customers first and giving students complete peace of mind when planning their journey of study abroad.
The PR and Content Manager in London will be an energetic self-starter with a desire to go above and beyond across all aspects of their work. Ideally having gained initial experience within an agency environment, we are looking for someone who is keen to get more in depth experience in-house at a startup. Your close working relationships with the senior executive team will enable you to carve out the PR & Content strategy as well as function at an operational level. You will deliver all aspects of the PR and Content plan in the UK, including pro-actively pushing out internal data and company news stories to feature Student.com in the media and raise our profile with the international education community and other target stakeholders. You will monitor the relevant media agenda and keep management up to date about existing topics of discussion, competitors and any opportunities to showcase Student.com. You will work in a fully integrated way with local marketing, SEO and social teams to fortify the Demand strategy across the company globally.
- You will be working in collaboration with the Global Head of Communications as well as the UK Director of Marketing to carve out the PR and Content Strategy for the UK market.
- Media Relationships
- You will build on your existing media relationships to develop a network of journalist relationships which are relevant for Student.com. This will include Technology reporters and Education and Property correspondents at National publications as well as Education, Property and Technology Trades.
- Media Monitoring
- You will monitor the international education / student property / student news agendas and keep company stakeholders updated accordingly. You will also be responsible for competitive intelligence as it relates to their media profile.
- Using internal company data and company news you will pro-actively push out media stories which showcase the company in a positive light and deliver brand exposure for the company
- You will work with CEO Luke Nolan on key interview opportunities in UK and European press
- You will be highly responsive to any media issues which negatively affect Student.com and manage any crisis PR work alongside the Global Head of Communications
- Write articles on current themes in International Education, including conducting and redacting interviews with senior leaders in Higher Education
- Assisting with production of copy for the Student.com website
Skills & Experience
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills to support a substantial amount of writing
- A passion for storytelling, a nose for news, and an understanding of what garners coverage
- Strong existing media relationships and a love of networking to develop further relationships, relevant for Student.com
- Basic understanding across social and digital marketing as well as a passion for integrating with PR
- Ability to communicate throughout all levels of an organisation
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Appetite to rise to any challenge, with an energy and hunger to deliver above and beyond in all aspects of their work.