Stronghold Investment Management (“Stronghold,” “SIM,” or “the Firm”) is a technology-driven, vertically integrated investment manager focused on real-assets and related private markets. Stronghold seeks to deliver best-in-class risk-adjusted returns through an investment framework that features comparatively rapid transaction velocity, deep technical expertise, creative financial structuring, and objective and algorithmic decision making.
Stronghold was founded by Ryan Turner in 2016 and today has over $1 billion in capital commitments across 10+ investment vehicles.
Ultimately, Stronghold intends to apply its technology-intensive investment approach to a variety of specialist real assets verticals, including:
- Oil & Gas
- Specialty Real Estate (commercial, datacenters, marinas)
- Telecommunications and Technology Infrastructure
- Billboards and Fixtures
- Mining & other commodities
Processing data about ownership, location, and value of assets is the foundation of our business. We are looking for an engineer to architect, plan, and implement capabilities for processing this data that will further unlock its value. For this impactful role, we are looking for a candidate proficient with orchestration and streaming, large scale data systems, cloud platforms, and automated infrastructure.
Our current stack is diverse and current, incorporating data systems such as Apache Spark, Kafka, and Postgres hosted in the cloud. If you are up for the challenge, we welcome you to make an impact and contribute what is next.
You will be a member of the Technology team, reporting to one of our software engineering managers.
- Development of efficient, reliable, parallel, cloud-based orchestration and streaming of terabytes of mission-critical data
- Modeling, implementation, and management of relational and non-relational databases and datasets with scalability, performance and security
- Extensible design and development of integration of validation, normalization, enrichment, and 3P providers both algorithmic and AI-based.
- Development of self-serve tools that provide business efficiency, observability, and cost effectiveness
- Implement automation and DevOps practices to streamline ingestion processes and provide clarity and observability.
- Collaborate with other teams on designs involving large scale data and cloud technology
- Mentor and lead other engineers sharing your experience to help them level up
- 10+ years of experience in a software engineering with a demonstrated track record of delivering successful projects
- Strong coding skills in languages like Python, Java, Scala, or Kotlin
- Hands-on experience with big data tools such as Apache Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, and others
- In-depth knowledge of cloud service providers like AWS, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure, including services related to data such as AWS Redshift, Google BigQuery, or Azure Data Lake
- Expertise in designing and maintaining optimal data models and architectures for both relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with ETL (extract, transform, load) tools and processes, and data pipeline construction
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
Why work with Stronghold?
At Stronghold, we strive to create a workplace that is not only rewarding but also satisfying. We believe our employees are the driving force behind our success, and we are committed to providing them with an environment where they can thrive and reach their full potential. When you choose to work with us, you'll be joining a team of highly talented professionals who are passionate about what they do and dedicated to bringing technology expertise to our domain. We value innovation, collaboration, and a commitment to excellence, and we provide our employees with the resources and support they need to succeed. If you're looking for a challenging and fulfilling career, we invite you to apply.
- Market-competitive compensation
- Fully paid benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- Fully Funded HSA (with HDHP)
- 401k + Match
- Company sponsored LTD, STD, life insurance and AD&D
- Generous PTO policy
- 15 company recognized holidays
- One week company-wide paid vacation
- Class A offices in prime locations
- Parental Leave
Equal Opportunity Employer
Stronghold Investment Management is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in creating a diverse and inclusive workforce, where individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives can thrive. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We encourage applicants from underrepresented groups to apply and embrace the unique contributions they can bring to our organization.