Stronghold Investment Management (“Stronghold,” “SIM,” or “the Firm”) is a technology-driven, vertically integrated investment manager focused on real-assets and related private markets. Stronghold seeks to deliver best-in-class risk-adjusted returns through an investment framework that features comparatively rapid transaction velocity, deep technical expertise, creative financial structuring, and objective and algorithmic decision making.
Stronghold was founded by Ryan Turner in 2016 and today has over $1 billion in capital commitments across 10+ investment vehicles.
Ultimately, Stronghold intends to apply its technology-intensive investment approach to a variety of specialist real assets verticals, including:
- Oil & Gas
- Specialty Real Estate (commercial, datacenters, marinas)
- Telecommunications and Technology Infrastructure
- Billboards and Fixtures
- Mining & other commodities
Stronghold Investment Management is seeking candidates for the role of Investment Associate. An entrepreneurial approach to delivering financial analysis of the highest quality is required. Candidates should also possess the capacity to create and maintain business relationships resulting in short-term growth of the Stronghold’s investment pipeline and long-term commitments to new teams and partners.
- Evaluate and present new investment opportunities to the investment team
- Conduct primary research on energy industry trends
- Provide analytical and strategic support to portfolio companies
- Conduct due diligence on potential investment opportunities
- Build robust financial models in support of transaction underwriting and structuring
- Support transaction negotiations and manage partner relationships
- Bachelor’s degree and strong academic record from a premier university
- Three to five years of financial work experience
- Experience in investment management, real assets or private equity preferred
- Solid valuation knowledge of various asset classes, particularly commodities and other real assets
- Understanding of probability and statistical analysis including stochastic processes and forecasting methodologies such as Monte Carlo simulations
- Ability to leverage data analytics to uncover trends and risks relative to portfolio management
- Proficiency in Python and/or SQL programming languages a plus, particularly for the purposes of Computational Finance and data analysis
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Financial modeling skills and proven analytical capabilities
- Intellectual curiosity and high personal and professional moral code
- Experience in the oil and gas industry a plus
Full compensation packages are based on candidate experience and certifications.
Why work with Stronghold?
At Stronghold, we strive to create a workplace that is not only rewarding but also satisfying. We believe our employees are the driving force behind our success, and we are committed to providing them with an environment where they can thrive and reach their full potential. When you choose to work with us, you'll be joining a team of highly talented professionals who are passionate about what they do and dedicated to bringing technology expertise to our domain. We value innovation, collaboration, and a commitment to excellence, and we provide our employees with the resources and support they need to succeed. If you're looking for a challenging and fulfilling career, we invite you to apply.
- Market-competitive compensation
- Fully paid benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- Fully Funded HSA (with HDHP)
- 401k + Match
- Company sponsored LTD, STD, life insurance and AD&D
- Generous PTO policy
- 15 company recognized holidays
- One week company-wide paid vacation
- Class A offices in prime locations
- Parental Leave
Equal Opportunity Employer
Stronghold Investment Management is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in creating a diverse and inclusive workforce, where individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives can thrive. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We encourage applicants from underrepresented groups to apply and embrace the unique contributions they can bring to our organization.