Stronghold Investment Management (“Stronghold,” “SIM,” or “the Firm”) is a technology-driven, vertically integrated investment manager focused on real-assets and related private markets. Stronghold seeks to deliver best-in-class risk-adjusted returns through an investment framework that features comparatively rapid transaction velocity, deep technical expertise, creative financial structuring, and objective and algorithmic decision making.
Stronghold was founded by Ryan Turner in 2016 and today has over $1 billion in capital commitments across 10+ investment vehicles.
Ultimately, Stronghold intends to apply its technology-intensive investment approach to a variety of specialist real assets verticals, including:
- Oil & Gas
- Specialty Real Estate (commercial, datacenters, marinas)
- Telecommunications and Technology Infrastructure
- Billboards and Fixtures
- Mining & other commodities
- You will learn the domain well enough to converse fluently with stakeholders and deeply understand the features to build. Our domain is sufficiently intellectually challenging.
- You will collaborate with cross-functional teams including to define, design, and ship new features for our growing enterprise SaaS offerings.
- You will translate business requirements into technical requirements and design specifications using Jira, Confluence, and Lucidcharts.
- You will actively own features or systems and define their long-term health. You will author clean, readable, idiomatic code that efficiently addresses our problems to solve.
- You will create web services and stateless RESTful APIs.
- You will need to understand how to balance technical debt against feature delivery and how to communicate that to leadership.
- You will help improve our engineering processes and technologies.
- You will support site rollouts and be available to resolve site issues.
- You will mentor other engineers and review code.
- 5+ years of professional experience building, scaling, and maintaining cloud-based web apps.
- You are an excellent communicator. You are mature. You understand how to disagree and commit.
- You thrive in a high-paced environment and want to be on a team driven by delivery, performance, and success.
- You have experience with cloud architecture, application architecture, and network architecture.
- You have a deep understanding building scalable web services and related practices, and building stateless RESTful APIs or GraphQL development.
- You are experienced in data modeling and polyglot persistence, including SQL and NoSQL databases.
- You have experience building user interfaces/experiences in the browser that consumes APIs using technologies like REST or GraphQL.
- You possess strong software computer science and software engineering fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, modern programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering, or a related field; a graduate degree is a plus.
Full compensation packages are based on candidate experience and certifications.
Why work with Stronghold?
At Stronghold, we strive to create a workplace that is not only rewarding but also satisfying. We believe our employees are the driving force behind our success, and we are committed to providing them with an environment where they can thrive and reach their full potential. When you choose to work with us, you'll be joining a team of highly talented professionals who are passionate about what they do and dedicated to bringing technology expertise to our domain. We value innovation, collaboration, and a commitment to excellence, and we provide our employees with the resources and support they need to succeed. If you're looking for a challenging and fulfilling career, we invite you to apply.
- Market-competitive compensation
- Fully paid benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- Fully Funded HSA (with HDHP)
- 401k + Match
- Company sponsored LTD, STD, life insurance and AD&D
- Generous PTO policy
- 15 company recognized holidays
- One week company-wide paid vacation
- Class A offices in prime locations
- Parental Leave
Equal Opportunity Employer
Stronghold Investment Management is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in creating a diverse and inclusive workforce, where individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives can thrive. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We encourage applicants from underrepresented groups to apply and embrace the unique contributions they can bring to our organization.