Since 2013, our founding mission at StrongArm Technologies has been and remains to keep the world’s
Industrial Athletes™ proud, protected and productive. We achieve this through our pioneering FUSE safety
wearables and the actionable ergonomic data they provide to individuals and management across numerous job types, industries and operating environments.
The Industrial Athlete™ is the beating heart of everything we represent and strive for here at StrongArm - the essential, frontline workers of the world who put their bodies on the line to perform a critical job function that positively impacts lives beyond their own. But that responsibility doesn’t come without its consequences. Far too often, preventable workplace injuries lead to lost shifts, missed paychecks and
threatened livelihoods. That, to us, is unacceptable.
In order to most effectively prevent injuries in a given operational environment, we work closely with each client across many dedicated and leading-edge teams, including client services, data and engineering, IT security and others. Each safety program is tailored to the needs of the workers on the ground and the managers who oversee them, including what types of safety wearables and attachment options will suit
them best, and the look and cadence of the safety reports that we’ll provide. The result is an actionable
and scalable safety solution that seamlessly becomes part of a facility’s daily routine and is proven to
prevent workplace injuries by as much as 64% across hundreds or thousands of Industrial Athletes.
As an Electrical Engineer, You will work with a diverse, cross-functional team to design, develop, and new designs, and support validation of their electrical performance, long-term reliability, regulatory compliance to meet market requirements and prevent injuries in Industrial Athletes. You will be responsible for electrical designs for IoT connected wearable devices and related charging and communication devices. You will make designs that meet product requirements, while meeting the features, size, regulatory, manufacturability, reliability and cost objectives. You will perform engineering evaluation and testing to ensure proper performances and that your designs meet requirements. You will ensure proper documentation of the design, test plans, and product changes throughout the product’s lifecycle. You will work with QA, manufacturing, and sourcing to evaluate and select components and techniques for manufacturing, assembly, and production, and guiding the design of automated electrical test platforms.
You will design battery powered, miniaturized, low power, low noise, using the latest PCB manufacturing technologies. You will work with a diverse, cross-functional team to design, develop, and new designs, and support validation of their electrical performance. You will prototype, debug, and analyze designs using standard lab equipment and techniques.
- Create new system level functional and electrical circuit diagrams, models, and simulations.
- Utilize CAD and simulation tools such as Altium, to create designs, review designs, create documentation, and collaborate with mechanical engineering.
- Collaborate with project managers on technical work and scheduling of assigned projects.
- Provide technical engineering support to develop scope of work for moving new concepts from design into mass production. Support research and development of next generation technologies.
- Lead design reviews, and manage electrical BOM and sub-assemblies, and ensure design changes are appropriately documented.
- Ensure electrical design and documentation complies with standards like UL, CSA, CE, FCC and EMC/EMI standards, and supports third party testing.
- Design and write test protocols and reports in support of product and process verification/validation.
- Work with Manufacturing Teams to implement best-practices design for manufacturing (DFM) and design for assembly (DFA.)
- Support QA in developing reliability, durability, and functional test protocol development.
- Work closely with other HW and SW engineers and clients’ teams to optimize, design and debug products; addressing field issues by determining root cause and implementing corrective actions.
Key Requirements / Qualifications:
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering, or similar
- 5+ years work experience in electrical hardware development
- Extensive electrical engineering skills including a deep familiarity with circuit design, component fundamentals, RF layout, digital communications protocols, manufacturing processes, automated testing, and debugging of sophisticated systems.
- Experience with CAD/EDA tools (i.e. altium) for schematic entry, library creation and PCB layout
- Perform bench tests to validate components and prototype designs
- Attentive to details, follow-through and be able to work with minimal supervision
- Experience with wireless communications protocols such as BLE, and Wifi protocols, and wireless charging technologies.
- Experience in wearable electronics, sensors, or battery powered digital IoT devices is preferred.
- Familiarity with Altium and PLM tools like Arena
Brooklyn, NY, Chicago, IL or Remote with EST time zone work hours.
StrongArm Technologies is an equal opportunity employer