Director, DevOps / Platform
Brooklyn, New York / Remote
Since 2013, our founding mission at StrongArm Technologies has been unwavering: keep the world’s Industrial Athletes™ proud, protected and productive.
We recognize that the beating heart of our economy is made up of millions of hardworking and dedicated individuals who put their bodies on the line to perform critical job functions that positively impacts lives beyond their own. But that responsibility doesn’t come without its consequences. Far too often, preventable workplace injuries lead to lost shifts, missed paychecks and threatened livelihoods. That, to us, is unacceptable.
Industrial Athletes™ deserve an advocate and a platform dedicated to ensuring they get home safely after every shift. More than 38,000 workplace injuries across numerous job types, industries and operating environments occur around the world each hour, and our passionate team is fixated on solving this unnecessary problem through the use of technology.
From our home base in Brooklyn, New York, StrongArm Technologies develops innovative solutions and analyzes millions of hours of data, setting the foundation to help us achieve our mission of eliminating preventable workplace injury. From a couple of guys in a tech incubator to a company of more than 75 employees, our knowledge base and world-class pool of talent continues to develop as we grow the organization with a focus on end-to-end product development, data analytics, security, client success, operations and more.
In order to most effectively prevent injuries in a given operational environment, we work closely with each client across many dedicated and leading-edge teams, including client services, data and engineering, IT security and others. Each safety program is tailored to the needs of the workers on the ground and the managers who oversee them. The result is an actionable and scalable safety solution that seamlessly
becomes part of a facility’s daily routine and is proven to prevent workplace injuries by as much as 64%.
As the Director of DevOps/Platform you will play a vital role in the technical and managerial leadership of our internal and release pipeline in a squad-focused environment to deliver best in class backend, mobile, and web applications to our clients. You create pipelines and processes that work in support of developers and clients to implement great applications that solve customer facing problems.
In this role, you will provide a balance between technical guidance and management of a team of DevOps engineers overseeing a range of areas such CI/CD, Changelog creation, backend API scaling, and database technologies in multi-cloud server environments.
The DevOps Engineering team works in conjunction with Development and Data Engineering teams to deliver applications to real-world users: Industrial Athletes, front-line managers in the field, corporate clients, insurance carriers, as well as internal teams.
- Manage DevOps in multiple cross-functional feature teams implementing best practices and processes across a complex tech stack.
- Set the technical vision, lay out and execute on a state-of-the-art DevOps integration and roadmap to ensure that StrongArm's backend operations are staying ahead of the industry in innovation and cutting-edge technologies.
- Work with our technical stakeholders organizing an agile and CI/CD process providing tools and processes to make quality releases with changelogs, resourcing and automated scaling in mind for backends, data, buckets and more.
- Implement automation tools, code quality, scripts, engineering metrics, goals, and best practices to constantly improve our operations quality in multiple environments (DEV, UAT, PROD, etc.)
- Ensure that CI/CD rollouts/launches are of good quality and delivered on time.
- Regularly revisit the tech stack and improve it to meet the strategic long-term goals, policies, and procedures for the organization's DevOps program.
- Partner closely with the various Product teams to ensure that Development has everything it needs to test, work and release the aligned Product vision.
Key Requirements / Qualifications:
- 5 years+ relevant industry experience
- Completed BS or MS in a Computer Science or related degree
- Profound Experience with highly available, scalable cloud system development on at least one major Cloud Provider (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Terraform and Kubernetes development and operation experience
- Managed or accompanied SOC2, ISO 27001, TISAX or similar certification is a plus
- Broad technical knowledge to uncover root causes of complex technical problems and provide guidance on solving them
- Managed and recruited geographically distributed teams before
- Experience working in and scaling ecosystems, businesses, and team along with experience working across teams and organizations to ensure positive engineering outcomes
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with ability to succinctly represent complex technical concepts to varied audiences and different knowledge levels of listeners
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Aetna Health & Dental Insurance
- StrongArm sponsored 401K plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Home Office in Brooklyn, NY with work from home flexibility
- And plenty of others!
StrongArm Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.