As a Senior Product Manager focused on Innovation you will play a vital role in leading the discovery, definition, and commercialization of StrongArm products for our end customers, which are materials handling, logistics, transport, manufacturing companies and insurers / brokers.
In this role you will manage multiple projects to ensure successful, high-quality delivery of IoT-related, data science, and software innovations. You will constantly be thinking about and looking for opportunities to discover new customer and product opportunities and find ways to deliver the fastest path to insight. You will work alongside and report directly to the Chief Product Officer. You will work very closely with the commercial parts of our business particularly with business development, marketing, and operations / finance to qualify and quantify new market opportunities to pursue. This role requires client and prospective customer facing capabilities to identify, synthesize, and evaluate opportunities and help translate them into deliverable products.
The ideal candidate for this position is an entrepreneur in spirit and thrives in ambiguity and uncertainty. You are looking to take insights and translate it to quickly build an MVP, test the market, get feedback, iterate and ruthlessly prioritize the goal of product-market fit. You have a good balance of product development, marketing, and sales acumen. You are driven highly by KPIs and metrics to define you and your products success with real users and customers.
Customer Insights, R&D, Proof of Concepts, and Commercial Success
- Synthesize existing and prospective customer insights. You will work very closely alongside our key business development and client success teams to understand and evaluate untapped opportunities for our product to deliver new value to our users.
- Translate key pain points into Prototypes that facilitate the fastest path to insight. You will help to translate these customer insights into tangible requirements that can actually be built into tangible MVPs - working closely alongside design, engineering, and data teams.
- Test and Experiment with customers. If we decide to move forward with a prototype or proof of concept, validate the opportunity, run experiments to quantify the product-market fit and ultimately define our path forward (pivot or persist).
- Drive the new product commercialization process to the finish line. With quantifiable KPIs, metrics, and marketable insights help to package and deliver a product that can be commercialized with finance, marketing, and sales with measurable impact to customers value and business metrics.
Strategic Market Development & Product Roadmap Management
- You will play a key role in helping prioritize various insights and market opportunities that help strategically align the growth of existing customer segments into new ones in accordance with business objectives.
- You will work closely with the CPO and various business stakeholders to ensure that our new product initiatives work effectively alongside existing customer needs and maintain a clean and clear product roadmap.
Key Requirements / Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 year + of product and/or project management experience preferably enterprise SaaS or with an IoT, wearable with big data analytics.
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Design, Marketing / Communications or equivalent preferred
- Understand Design-Thinking / Lean Methodologies and how to appropriately build MVPs and iterate quickly to build product-market fit.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, you know what it takes to take an idea or an insight and develop potential solutions quickly and cost effectively.
- Strong talent for multi-tasking and managing competing priorities effectively. Highly organized and incredible attention to details.
- Demonstrated success in translating complex qualitative and quantitative customer / market feedback into successful products/features/solutions.
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills, as well as a desire and capability to present new concepts, ideas and offers to various stakeholders (internal and external)
- Self-directed, yet strong team player.
- You understand the product development cycle. You have brought new ideas from concept to production through marketing and sales.
StrongArm Technologies is an equal opportunity employer