As a Senior Data Associate at StrongArm you will play a vital role in creating and delivering insights to our clients. You will be leading new feature development, data analytics, reporting, and insights delivery for StrongArm’s clients. As a member of the Data Team, you will have access to a massive dataset of IoT sensor data focused on improved workplace safety. You will be a key player in developing new features and insights to improve the lives of workers using analytics and data science.
In this role, you will be highly collaborative - with our Client Team, Engineering Team, Data Team, and our clients. Interpersonal skills and the ability to learn and act quickly are crucial to succeeding in this role. You will be a key player in transforming R&D concepts into formal deliverables for our clients. You will present data analysis frequently to external and internal clients, and will need to build analytics systems that further our capacity to deliver insights.
The ideal candidate for this position has a strong background in analytics and significant experience delivering technical presentations to varied audiences. This individual will enjoy splitting their time between the technical development work and interfacing with clients directly. We are looking for a self-starter with a solid foundation of statistical principles, combined with a desire to be the go-to person for data analysis in a fast-growing start-up making a tangible difference on working people’s lives.
- Develop new data analytics features and capabilities across a variety of analytical toolsets. This includes building MVP data solutions that bring new products to market.
- Create and present technical reports and data analytics to clients and external partners. Leverage StrongArm’s unique data to provide insights and actionable recommendations to our clients.
- Collaborate with clients and Client Team on a daily basis. Use data to meet their needs and create compelling stories and relationships through data.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists, Engineers, Product, and Business Teams to ensure our data products meet business needs, and continually improve
- Execute both short term, ad hoc requests for visualizations, dashboards, and model changes as well as longer term analyses and projects.
- Facilitate successful data rollouts of the platform in a range of safety contexts, including data visualization, ergonomics, behavioral science, and sensing technologies.
- Manage and build SQL and cloud-based database systems used for data analysis.
- Ensure solid analysis principles and data practices are used throughout all levels of the organization.
- Ensure high quality data integrity for all underlying data sets and reports.
- Build data monitoring tools to evaluate programs and internal data structures.
KEY REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience in data analysis, business analysis, engineering, consulting, statistics, mathematics, or other similar analytical roles.
- Expertise conducting data analysis that involves databases and data visualization platforms. SQL, Python, Excel are a must.
- Experience with Databricks/Jupyter/notebook environments, R, or other scripting languages. Comfortable within BI tools such as Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, or Google Data Studio.
- Experience giving presentations to many audiences and seniority levels.
- Experience with statistical analysis, experimentation design, scientific methods.
- Detail-oriented and meticulously organized. Comfortable aggregating, auditing, and manipulating large data sets efficiently and accurately.
- Experience working in a fast-paced cross-functional environment, prioritizing assignments, and handling multiple tasks simultaneously and independently.
- Desire to grow, learn, solve problems, and expand responsibilities within the Data Team in a fast-paced start-up environment.
StrongArm Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.