Brooklyn, NY or Remote within USA with EST time zone work hours
As a Software QA Engineer, you will be responsible for conducting and improving process driven and automated testing of StrongArm mobile and web applications.
Our products are used by thousands of Industrial Athletes across Fortune 100 companies. Our growing product and system testing requirements include:
- Mobile and web application testing end to end coordination
- Automated testing development
- Improving testing processes and CI/CD
- Thorough documentation of testing processes
Your role in the Software Applications Engineering Team would allow you to apply disciplined communication, software engineering, and creative skills to testing web and mobile applications and their interaction with users, IoT devices, big data pipelines, and cloud infrastructure.
You will be a critical part of the product development cycle and also be responsible for creating new tools and processes to ensure reliability and scalability.
You will collaborate with designers, product managers, web engineers, mobile engineers, data engineers, devops, and client facing teams.
You bring an analytical and scientific approach to breaking down complex systems. You are creative and curious, and want the highest level of quality in technology. You communicate effectively with others.
We work hard and we work smart. You like to do the same while constantly growing your technical skill set with a fast-paced and fast-growing startup.
Technical Qualifications / Key Skills
- 3+ years professional work experience
- Computer science, engineering or equivalent degree or bootcamp
- Thorough attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- Willing to learn, contribute and aggressively expand their technical skillset
- Experience using Selenium, Cypress, Appium and other end to end and UI software testing tools
- Experience working with CI/CD
- Hands on experience outlining, documenting, running, and reviewing integration and end to end manual and automated tests
- Understanding & improving test processes
- Diligent, ongoing documentation of tests, test results and test data sets, including version control and tracking defects
- Usage of the linux command line
- Continuously learn new tools, technologies, and testing disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate testing across projects and teams with excellent communication
- Experience working in a team setting with product managers and UX designers to translate requirements into test cases and test strategy
- Experience debugging code and scripting for test automation
- Experience working with web apps, mobile apps, and monitoring
- Thoroughly test current products and identify deficiencies early
- Execute and improve product testing
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents
- Define testing strategies and scope for technical development tasks
- Identify QA process bottlenecks and take actions for improvement
- Provide accurate estimates on testing
- Analyzing results and helping identify the root cause of malfunctions
- Ongoing improvement of technical and process skills as organization grows
StrongArm Technologies is an equal opportunity employer