As a Senior Android Engineer, you will be responsible for developing the next generation of StrongArm's mobile apps deployed worldwide in a variety of unique industrial settings (100k+ users). You will have a direct impact on the well-being of essential workers by facilitating new and innovative safety features in our products (for example, proximity detection during COVID-19). As the mobile subject matter expert for the company, you will champion new technologies and methods while mentoring your teammates. You will have the opportunity to interface directly with IoT devices and embedded systems through, for example, bluetooth or serial connections.
You must be able uphold quality engineering principles and enjoy holding responsibilities solving advanced problems.
We are highly collaborative. Our open office environment is people-focused - we joke, have fun, and enjoy each other's company when we can, but aren't afraid to roll up our sleeves and get things done. We are looking for driven and open-minded engineers with exceptional analytical abilities who can wear a number of hats from data engineering, dev-ops, software design, software development, system administration and system architecture.
- Individual contributor using Java native layer in Android integrated with React Native views and control
- Interface with embedded engineering team and IoT devices to round out overall product requirements
- Work to enhance StrongArm’s smart gateway Android device and future cross-platform mobile applications
- Act as the software engineering team’s mobile application subject matter expert (promote UI and code best practices and scaleable mobile architecture)
- Collaborate with design and UX stakeholders to ensure feasibility and quality in implementations
- 4+ years relevant industry experience
- Experience taking a native Android app into production at scale with thousands of users
- Prior work includes substantial native code through NDK
- Strong API design skills
- Experience writing substantial automated tests for mobile applications and/or apis (unit testing, end to end testing, CI/CD processes)
- Creative, productive, detail-oriented, and architectural design experience appreciated
- Low-level drivers for mobile apps (e.g., Bluetooth and USB connections)
- Redux, Mobx, or equivalent
- XCode and Objective-C
- Open source contributor
- Experience working with remote developers
- Taste for math
Education: Computer Science/EE BS/MS or Equivalent Professional or Industry Experience
StrongArm Technologies is an equal opportunity employer