Location: Brooklyn, NY or Remote (EST time zone work hours with up to 15% time expected onsite in Brooklyn HQ)
Operating as both an Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) company and InsurTech company, StrongArm Tech provides unique experiences in software, firmware, and electronics engineering. You will have exposure to both hardware and software development, work with machine learning + data at a huge scale, and be a part of the world leader for safety science. The platform is being used by some of the biggest logistics companies, construction companies, and manufacturing facilities in the United States.
- Building a highly scalable system for ingesting, transforming, and enhancing trillions of data points in the field into meaningful insights
- Partner with the Data Science team to investigate and implement advanced statistical models and machine learning pipelines
- Provide leadership to the team on best practices and architecture in Big Data systems and Machine Learning pipelines
- Optimizing data pipelines for performance and scalability
- Establish automated mechanisms to monitor and improve data integrity across all of Strongarm’s Big Data sets.
- Be a primary contributor in defining a data engineering roadmap, and coordinating multiple projects.
- Development leadership experience or desire to acquire that experience and mentor others
- 5-10 years experience in data engineering, with emphasis on: stream processing, machine learning engineering
- Architecting data pipelines and ETL with Apache Spark with terabytes of data and optimizing them to maximize resource utilization and throughput
- Experience with distributed data streaming frameworks like Spark Structured Streaming, Apache Flink, Kinesis, etc
- Experience with productionizing machine learning at scale and A/B testing new models: scikit-learn, tensorflow, pytorch
- Advanced Experience with RDBMS and SQL
- Experience with automated testing for distributed systems in Spark (unit testing, end to end testing, QA, CI/CD)
- Experience building systems to train machine learning models at terabyte+ scale.
- Experience working directly with Data Scientists to productionize experimental algorithms.
- Scala, Java, and Python proficiency
- Experience building interfaces compatible with both Cloud and low-level IoT hardware (SWIG)
- Experience working with Embedded Systems (C++)
- Cloud systems: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud (GCP)
- Experience working with Hadoop
- Data warehouse usage and optimization experience (Delta Lake, Hive, Bigquery, RedShift, Snowflake)
- Experience using workflow management systems like Airflow or equivalent
- Experience working with datasets that measure physical phenomena.
- noSQL solutions: Cassandra, HDFS and/or Elasticsearch
- Devops / SRE (Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, Linux)
- Experience as an open source contributor
- Experience with BI tools (Looker, Redash)
- Experience building systems with data governance
- You are self-starting to work on a hyper-motivated team to take on real challenges to create real value and impact to industrial workers who suffer from the lack of tools to enhance their health and safety.
- You want to work with A-players, where you will grow both personally and professionally while working on challenging problems.
- Ability to think with an eye to high level architecture and the ability to execute on the steps towards those goals
- You have solid engineering principles which will positively influence the development process in complex projects.
- Proven ability to work and problem-solve independently, collaboratively, and creatively
- Strong organizational, communication, and presentation skills
- Adaptable to changing business needs
StrongArm Technologies is an equal opportunity employer