As a Proposal Writer at Striveworks you’ll be challenged—and trusted—on day one to translate our product and value proposition into clear, compelling language that connects with our customers and partners. You’re right for this opportunity if you enjoy learning, organizing, and conveying sophisticated technical content.
You will be responsible for communicating Striveworks’ MLOps capabilities to potential customers and partners in a professional, credible, and persuasive manner. You’ll work cross-functionally with our technical, Business Development, Marketing, and Customer Success teams to create compelling proposals and RFI responses that align with Striveworks’ goals and values and contribute to our reputation for excellence. To be successful in this role you should have excellent written communication skills and be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines. A standout proposal writer will be consistent, detail-oriented, eloquent, and convincing.
This is a part-time contract position with a pay range of $55-75/hour.
This position offers a remote or hybrid work environment. Our office is located in Northwest Austin, TX.
The Right Fit
We spend a lot of time during our hiring process talking about shared values.
Why? We passionately believe that fostering an environment where people can self-actualize and pursue greatness is the best way to achieve our individual and collective goals.
What does this mean for you? We want to provide you with the conditions to thrive in an environment where you can achieve your goals, where you know the team shares your goals, and where you make and accept decisions for the team with humility. At Striveworks, we aim for a say/do ratio of 1 and know that being part of a top-tier team means that there is no smartest person in the room. If that makes sense, we’re already on the same page.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 2–4 years of proposal writing experience
- Experience writing complex proposals and/or deeply technical content
- Ability to create content—writing, organizing, formatting, and editing—in a professional and credible manner
- Ability to edit and revise proposals according to feedback
- Track record of developing content with a consistent and cohesive voice
- Knowledge of MLA or Chicago Manual of Style
- Experience with maintaining and enforcing a company style guide
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing responsibilities to meet deadlines
- Strong sense of responsibility and accountability
- Attention to detail
The Wish List
We’re very interested in candidates who possess the above qualifications, and appreciate and consider the addition of:
- Experience responding to public sector solicitations, including RFPs and RFIs
- Experience crafting winning technical proposals
- Experience writing complex proposals for a federal government audience
- Experience writing proposals relating to software development
- Experience working with a design team to create graphics and visuals
- Experience with other stages of the content creation process such as coordinating the team through ideation, researching, SME data gathering, and content synthesis
- Exposure to Machine Learning and/or MLOps concepts
Striveworks: Better Models, Faster
The world has looked to data analytics to bridge the gap between floods of data and the struggle to use that data effectively to make timely, impactful decisions. Today, most organizations are awash in analytics that “aren’t quite right”—models that were developed too generally, or too slowly, to be effective in dynamic, fast-paced environments. Striveworks is simplifying ModelOps with a powerful and extensible platform that instantiates the data analytic process as code.
Striveworks is trusted by leading Fortune 500 firms as well as leaders in the public sector as a primary solution for managing model development, monitoring, and governance—and ensuring those models solve the real challenges their organizations face.
Striveworks’ Chariot platform enables users to turn their own production data into models and turn models into production systems. Uniquely, as you train, test, deploy, and use models, our lineage system enables you to track not only the “upstream” provenance of model and data sources, but also the “downstream” usage of the resultant model inferences. Combining this with a principled experience for data and model development, Chariot gives our customers in highly regulated industries an unmatched governance solution over the top of a performant ModelOps platform.
Striveworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity or expression), national origin, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Striveworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact Operations at email@example.com
Striveworks is a participating employer in the E-Verify program.