Haven't heard of Striveworks? There's a reason for that... we're Austin's best kept tech secret. Our people and products shape solutions that directly affect the geopolitical landscape. We are cross-functional talent working together on the cutting edge to provide mission critical solutions. Keep reading to learn the perks of joining a well-funded MLOps startup with major contracts in highly regulated spaces.
As a Site Reliability Engineer on the Striveworks Technical Engagements team you’ll be challenged—and trusted—on day one to bring our proprietary data platform to critical sites and customers. You will be a key Striveworks representative and solutions provider to sites and customers where our proprietary data platform is deployed.
You will use your expertise to deploy the Striveworks platform to cloud-based, on-premises, and hybrid hardware environments, and to resolve any associated hardware, infrastructure, networking, and access control challenges that arise. Your ideas are welcome and invited on day one; there is no smartest person at Striveworks. You will be expected to wear multiple hats, step into vacuums where more work is needed, and you will be given the breadth to explore new technologies that can improve our results.
You’re right for this challenge if you value and possess technical expertise and you enjoy pushing the boundaries of your own capabilities. You are outcomes-driven, not requirements-driven. You understand that in customer-facing roles, technical, communications, and time management skills are all important. You are passionate about realizing new capabilities on modern hardware and networks. You’ll be hands-on-keyboard, working alongside a team of data scientists and software engineers to transform software into functional solutions.
This role both allows and requires flexibility in work location. You will be tasked with on-site travel to customer locations. When not on-site, you can be based in our Austin, Texas headquarters, or in a remote location of your choice.
Potential projects include:
- Automation and building infrastructure-as-code for standing up virtual machines and custom Kubernetes clusters in AWS, Azure, GCP, on-premises, or hybrid cloud environments
- Definition of networks, subnets, NAT, and other communications infrastructure
- Deployment of Kubernetes services, operators, and custom resources through technologies of your choice
- Deployment to unclassified, CUI, Secret, and Top Secret networks
- Diagnosis and automation of site-specific infrastructure requirements
- Opportunity to conduct mission-critical field work
The Right Fit
Purehearted geniuses. How do you know you’re a purehearted genius? Easy: you persevere relentlessly to achieve your goals. You know the team has the same goals as you, and you make and accept decisions for the team with humility. Your say/do ratio is 1. Your “acceptable” is what others call “excellence.” You know that there is no smartest person in the room. You know that nobody’s job is done until the capability is functional and the customer’s problems are solved. Fit all those? We’re already on the same page. Here’s what else we’re looking for:
- 4+ years total experience in any IT career field
- 2+ years relevant experience in the following:
- Automation and infrastructure-as-code
- Virtualization and/or containerization solutions including, but not limited to: OpenStack, Kubernetes, Docker, VMware, KVM, HyperV
- Deploying infrastructure in a cloud such as AWS, Azure, GCP, or OpenStack
- Server administration; Linux and Windows
- Ansible or another configuration management solution such as Chef, Puppet, or Salt
- Programming in Bash, Powershell, or another language such as Scala, Java, or C++
- Windows endpoint administration
- Active U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Able and willing to travel domestically and internationally 50%, with opportunities to travel more
We’re very interested in Engineers who possess the above qualifications, and heavily appreciate and consider the addition of experience in:
- Deploying, managing, and/or supporting enterprise information systems in a DoD environment
- S. federal information system security policies, including Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), NIST 800-171, NIST 800-53, CMMC
- Deploying TCP/IP networks, including VLANs, switches, routers, firewalls, WiFi, CIDR notation, etc.
- DevSecOps, CI/CD pipelines, or automated security scanning
- Administration and deployment of GPU-enabled servers
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions
- Storage technologies, NAS/SAN tools
- Maintaining Active Directory, particularly in a Linux environment (Kerberos, SSSD, Samba)
- Endpoint management suites (e.g. MaaS360) and security (anti-malware, host-based firewalls, etc.)
- Cisco network devices
- Directly supervising an engineering team
- Agile methodologies
The Tech Stack
We believe in constant curiosity and peer-driven learning. As a Site Reliability Engineer at Striveworks, you will learn about— or teach— the latest software and DevSecOps technologies and processes, participate in open-source projects, and take part in pair programming. Find some of our public projects at github.com/Striveworks. You’ll be able to grow your skills in:
- Bash, Python, PowerShell
- Terraform, Helm, Ansible, Puppet, kOps,
- Kubernetes, Docker
- Linux, Windows, NAT, VPNs, OIDC
- AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenStack
So, you made it this far and are up for the task... good, we've been waiting for you! Joining Striveworks in its current stage means you'll be a key player in our growth strategy. Striveworks is a well-funded and operating startup whose founders have already taken a company to IPO. We've got competitive salaries, good benefits, the best snacks, a learning library, and weekly free lunches. But most importantly, we believe that everyone at the company should be a stakeholder and participate in the company’s success. We have a generous equity plan that puts that belief into practice. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Striveworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity or expression), national origin, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Striveworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact Operations at email@example.com
Striveworks is a participating employer in the E-Verify program.