Our people and products shape solutions that directly affect the geopolitical landscape. We are cross-functional talent working together on the cutting edge to provide mission critical solutions. Keep reading to learn the perks of joining a well-funded MLOps startup with major contracts in highly regulated spaces.
As a Software Engineer on the Striveworks Technical Engagements team you’ll be challenged—and trusted—on day one to be a core contributor to the projects and direction of the company. You will be a key Striveworks representative and solutions provider to sites and customers where our proprietary data platform is deployed.
You will use your expertise to integrate and apply the Striveworks platform, and rapidly prototype and deliver machine learning capabilities for our customers. Those capabilities will start with the Striveworks platform but will also require custom algorithms and software systems. You’ll tackle real-world problems as they unfold, utilizing your technical and communication skills to provide reliable and scalable solutions.
You’re right for this challenge if you value and possess technical expertise and you push the boundaries of your own capabilities. You are outcome-driven, not requirements-driven. You understand that in customer-facing roles, technical, communications, and time management skills are all important. You are passionate about the intersection of Software Engineering and Data Science. You'll be hands-on-keyboard, working alongside a team of data scientists and site reliability engineers to transform machine learning models into functional products.
This role both allows and requires flexibility in work location. At times, you will be tasked with on-site travel to customer locations. At other times, you can be based in our Austin, Texas headquarters, or in a remote location.
Potential projects include:
- Orchestration and automation of complex data engineering and analytic pipelines
- Optimizing, deploying, and refining machine learning models and algorithms on image, video, text, geospatial, time-series, and/or tabular data
- Everything as Code
- Writing the critical "last mile" code and analytics that bridge the gaps between available products, platforms, and models, and the customer's requirements
- Opportunity to conduct mission-critical field work
The Right Fit
Purehearted geniuses. How do you know you’re a purehearted genius? Easy: you persevere relentlessly to achieve your goals. You know the team has the same goals as you, and you make and accept decisions for the team with humility. Your say/do ratio is 1. Your “acceptable” is what others call “excellence.” You know that there is no smartest person in the room. You know that nobody’s job is done until the capability is functional and the customer’s problems are solved. Fit all those? We’re already on the same page.
Here’s what else we’re looking for:
- Excellence in Python
- Strong previous experience in building and delivering production analytics capabilities
- Deep expertise in algorithms and data structures
- Exposure to DevOps tooling and best practices: Git, Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD tools
- Familiarity with database design and architecture: relational and non-relational
- Driven, self-directed personality
- Strong sense of mission and commitment to making a difference
- B.S. degree in computer science, machine learning, or related discipline; or 2+ years relevant experience
- Active Top Secret security clearance
- Able and willing to travel domestically and internationally up to 50%
The Wish List
We’re very interested in Software Engineers that possess the above qualifications, and heavily appreciate and consider the addition of:
- Experience with ETL pipelines, data pipelines, and/or workflow automation
- Comfortable with 1+ cloud architectures
- Experience designing RESTful or GraphQL APIs
- Comfort with deep learning library (Tensorflow, Pytorch) implementation and integration
- Understanding of synchronous and asynchronous programming, concurrency
- Understanding of networked and distributed computing (gRPC)
- Knowledge of messaging systems such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, or similar
The Tech Stack
We believe in constant curiosity and peer-driven learning. As a Software Engineer at Striveworks, you will learn about— or teach— the latest software technologies and processes, participate in open-source projects, and take part in pair programming. Find some of our public projects at github.com/Striveworks. You’ll be able to grow your skills in:
- Python, PyTorch, NumPy, Golang
- Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, kOps
- React, Typescript, Angular
So you made it this far and are up for the task... good, we've been waiting for you! Joining Striveworks in its current stage means you'll be a key player in our growth strategy. As a well-funded and operating startup, we've got competitive salaries, good benefits, the best snacks, a learning library, and weekly free lunches. But most importantly, we believe that everyone at the company should be a stakeholder and participate in the company’s success. We have a generous equity plan that puts that belief into practice. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Striveworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity or expression), national origin, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Striveworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact Operations at email@example.com
Striveworks is a participating employer in the E-Verify program.