As a Software Engineer at Striveworks, you'll be challenged on day one to have a definitional impact shaping and building solutions that directly affect the “biggest headlines” in the geopolitical realm. In this mission-critical work, you will be responsible for rapidly prototyping and delivering proofs-of-concept for customers. You'll be working alongside a team of data scientists to integrate their work into functional products. Examples include applied computer vision and the construction of data engineering pipelines.
In addition to the mission, this exciting opportunity will allow you to grow your software engineering skills in an operational and relevant setting. Striveworks encompasses a diverse book of business that includes some real blocking-and-tackling like data warehousing, all the way to applying some bleeding-edge research, such as Generative Adversarial Networks and novel research in reinforcement learning. Duties include data engineering, implementation of novel database architectures, data streaming, application CI/CD, and data architecture for our partners. You’ll have the opportunity to take the models and algorithms developed by data scientists and optimize, deploy, and refine them in a real-world setting immediately. The opportunity for personal and skills growth is unprecedented.
Perseverance: Our work has impact and saves lives. We take that trust seriously. If it was easy, it'd be done already. We will be relentless in achieving our goals, and we celebrate achievements.
Empowerment: We have a bias for action. We exercise our best judgement in pursuit of our shared goals. We manage ourselves as a whole person. We question actions that are not consistent with our values.
Commitment: We do what we say we are going to do. We excel at all things we commit to doing. When we mess up, miss a deadline, or under-deliver, we learn from those mistakes and support others in their learning as well.
Humility: There's no "smartest person in the room," we're a team. We listen with purpose, and work to make everyone around us better.
CRITICAL TO THE ROLE
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Proficiency with a major enterprise language (C#, Java, Python, C++, GoLang), preferably more than one
- Experience with multithreaded design and concurrency; enterprise frameworks (e.g. Jakarta EE) a plus
- Excellent algorithmic design skills
- Familiarity with large-scale data management, including data mining, machine learning, and knowledge management
- Design and management of ETL pipelines (including data cleaning) and dataflow/workflow management systems (e.g. NiFi, Airflow)
- Comfort with the design and application of RESTful APIs; web document encodings (e.g. JSON, XML)
- Distributed data architectures and frameworks such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Presto, etc. Experience with PB-scale data warehouses a plus
- Resource management systems, particularly familiarity with YARN
- Experience with RDBMS as well as NoSQL databases (wide-column, graph, document stores, key-value stores)
- AWS Services especially, and cloud services in general
- Familiarity with Linux operating system(s)
- Experience with and enthusiasm for containerization and virtualization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack)
- Current Agile methodology, including ticket and process management utilities (e.g. JIRA)
- Version control systems, particularly git
- 6 years experience
- B.S. in a Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Machine Learning, or other quantitative discipline
- COMPTIA Security+ certification or CISSP
- Experience with streaming protocols (e.g. RTP)
- Experience with geospatial systems (GIS, KML files, etc.)
- Experience with natural language processing
Striveworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity or expression), national origin, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Striveworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact Striveworks Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org
Striveworks is a participating employer in the E-Verify program.