Haven't heard of Striveworks? There's a reason for that... we're Austin's best kept tech secret. Our people and products shape solutions that directly affect the geopolitical landscape. We are cross-functional talent working together on the cutting edge to provide mission critical solutions. Keep reading to learn the perks of joining a well-funded MLOps startup with major contracts in highly regulated spaces.
As a Software Engineer at Striveworks, you’ll be challenged—and trusted—on day one to be a core contributor to the projects and direction of the company.
You’re right for this challenge if you value and possess technical expertise and you push the boundaries of your own capabilities. You will be responsible for rapidly prototyping and delivering proofs of concept for customers. You are outcome-driven, not requirements-driven. You'll be hands-on-keyboard, working alongside a team of data scientists to integrate their work into functional products. Examples include applied computer vision and the construction of data engineering pipelines.
- Everything as Code
- Cloud-neutral development
- Novel workflow orchestration
- Hexagonal, event-driven, microservice architecture
- Optimizing, deploying, and refining AI models and algorithms
- Opportunity to conduct mission-critical field work
The Right Fit
Purehearted geniuses. How do you know you’re a purehearted genius? Easy: you persevere relentlessly to achieve your goals. You know the team has the same goals as you, and you make and accept decisions for the team with humility. Your say/do ratio is 1. Your “acceptable” is what others call “excellence.” You know that there is no smartest person in the room. Fit all those? We’re already on the same page. Here’s what else we’re looking for:
- 4+ years relevant experience
- Excellence in Python or GoLang
- Applicants welcome with excellence in another major language, particularly Java, C/C++
- Knowledge of DevOps tooling: CI/CD tools, Git, Docker, Kubernetes
- Familiarity with database design and architecture: relational and non-relational
- Comfort with cloud architecture: commercial cloud, OpenStack
- Comfort with deep learning library (Tensorflow, Pytorch) implementation and integration
- Excellent project planning and communication skills.
- Driven, self-directed personality
- Strong sense of mission and commitment to making a difference
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency
The Wish List
We’re very interested in Software Engineers that possess the above qualifications, and heavily appreciate and consider the addition of:
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- Knowledge of messaging systems especially Kafka, RabbitMQ, or similar
- Experience designing RESTful or GraphQL APIs
- Strong understanding of synchronous and asynchronous programming, concurrency
- Understanding of networked and distributed computing (gRPC)
- Experience with workflow automation
The Tech Stack
We believe in constant curiosity and peer-driven learning. As a Software Engineer at Striveworks, you’ll have access to our growing learning library, learn about—or present—the latest research at our weekly journal club, participate in open-source projects, and take part in pair programming. Find some of our public projects at github.com/Striveworks. You’ll be able to grow your skills in:
So you made it this far and are up for the task... good, we've been waiting for you! Joining Striveworks in its current stage means you'll be a key player in our growth strategy. As a well-funded and operating startup, we've got competitive salaries, good benefits, the best snacks, a learning library, and weekly free lunches. But most importantly, we believe that everyone at the company should be a stakeholder and participate in the company’s success. We have a generous equity plan that puts that belief into practice. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Striveworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity or expression), national origin, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Striveworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org
Striveworks is a participating employer in the E-Verify program.