As a Software Engineer at Striveworks, you'll be challenged on day one to have a definitional impact shaping and building solutions that directly affect the “biggest headlines” in the geopolitical realm. In this mission-critical work, you will be responsible for rapidly prototyping and delivering proofs-of-concept for customers. You'll be working alongside a team of data scientists to integrate their work into functional products. Examples include applied computer vision and the construction of data engineering pipelines.
Perseverance: Our work has impact and saves lives. We take that trust seriously. If it was easy, it'd be done already. We will be relentless in achieving our goals, and we celebrate achievements.
Empowerment: We have a bias for action. We exercise our best judgement in pursuit of our shared goals. We manage ourselves as a whole person. We question actions that are not consistent with our values.
Commitment: We do what we say we are going to do. We excel at all things we commit to doing. When we mess up, miss a deadline, or under-deliver, we learn from those mistakes and support others in their learning as well.
Humility: There's no "smartest person in the room," we're a team. We listen with purpose, and work to make everyone around us better.
CRITICAL TO THE ROLE
- 4+ years relevant experience
- Strong Python experience
- Expertise in one of the following languages: Python, Java, Golang, Rust, C/C++
- Knowledge of standard tooling: CI/CD tools, git, Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of database design and architecture: relational and non-relational
- Comfortable with AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Comfortable with deep learning library (Tensorflow, Pytorch) implementation and integration
- Excellent project planning and communication skills.
- Driven, self-directed personality
- Strong sense of mission and commitment to making a difference
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Knowledge of messaging systems especially Kafka, RabbitMQ, or similar
- Experience designing RESTful or GraphQL APIs
- Experience building Directed Acyclic Graphs/Workflows
- Strong understanding of synchronous and asynchronous programming
- Understanding of networked and distributed computing (gRPC)
- Familiarity with Dagster, Airflow, Dataiku or similar technologies
Striveworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity or expression), national origin, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Striveworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
Striveworks is a participating employer in the E-Verify program.