Haven't heard of Striveworks? There's a reason for that... we're Austin's best kept tech secret. Our people and products shape solutions that directly affect the geopolitical landscape. We are cross-functional talent working together on the cutting edge to provide mission-critical solutions. Keep reading to learn the perks of joining a well-funded MLOps startup with major contracts in highly regulated spaces.
As a Senior Front-end Developer at Striveworks, you'll be working directly with our data scientists and software engineers to build an analytics platform that delivers impact for a diverse customer base. You’ll have the challenge of designing and implementing UI/UX components for the platform. You’ll coordinate with the rest of the team working on the data science, data engineering, and infrastructure of this system, so a passion for collaborative and multidisciplinary problem solving is essential.
The Right Fit
Purehearted geniuses. How do you know you’re a purehearted genius? Easy: you persevere relentlessly to achieve your goals. You know the team has the same goals as you, and you make and accept decisions for the team with humility. Your say/do ratio is 1. Your “acceptable” is what others call “excellence.” You know that there is no smartest person in the room. Fit all those? We’re already on the same page. Here’s what else we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree with STEM concentration and five years’ work experience, or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of UI/UX principles
- Experience building applications with React
- Familiarity with Next.js, Typescript, and Node.js
- Experience working as the lead developer on any front-end application
- Experience working with REST APIs, familiarity with GQL
- Experience with other common frameworks (Angular, Vue, Redux, Overmind, Context API, Styled Components, Lerna, )
- Proficient understanding of modern distributed code versioning tools (like Git)
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and unit tests (Playwright, Jest, etc.)
- Experience building software using cloud-based services (in any cloud platform)
- Experience with UI frameworks like AntD or Material UI
The Wish List
- Experience deploying applications in Kubernetes/Helm
- Experience with Python/Flask
- Experience deploying applications in cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience in continuous deployment and continuous integration (CI/CD) processes
- Loves creating mocks in Figma; talking directly with end users
The Tech Stack
We believe in constant curiosity and peer-driven learning. As a Front-end Developer at Striveworks, you’ll have access to our growing learning library, learn about—or present—the latest research at our weekly journal club, participate in open-source projects, and take part in pair programming. Find some of our public projects at github.com/Striveworks. You’ll be able to grow your skills in:
So you made it this far and are up for the task... good, we've been waiting for you! Joining Striveworks in its current stage means you'll be a key player in our growth strategy. As a well-funded and operating startup, we've got competitive salaries, good benefits, the best snacks, a learning library, and weekly free lunches. But most importantly, we believe that everyone at the company should be a stakeholder and participate in the company’s success. We have a generous equity plan that puts that belief into practice. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Striveworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity or expression), national origin, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Striveworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact Operations at email@example.com
Striveworks is a participating employer in the E-Verify program.