As a Data Scientist at Striveworks, you'll be challenged on day one to have a definitional impact shaping and building data science solutions that directly affect the “biggest headlines” in the geopolitical realm. In this mission-critical work, you will design and lead development cycles for a vertically-integrated data analytics effort from sensor to platform to end user. Our mission is focused on task automation, data analytics, computer vision, and natural language processing.
Perseverance: Our work has impact and saves lives. We take that trust seriously. If it was easy, it'd be done already. We will be relentless in achieving our goals, and we celebrate achievements.
Empowerment: We have a bias for action. We exercise our best judgement in pursuit of our shared goals. We manage ourselves as a whole person. We question actions that are not consistent with our values.
Commitment: We do what we say we are going to do. We excel at all things we commit to doing. When we mess up, miss a deadline, or under-deliver, we learn from those mistakes and support others in their learning as well.
Humility: There's no "smartest person in the room," we're a team. We listen with purpose, and work to make everyone around us better.
WHAT WE VALUE
- 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Mastery of Python.
- Ability to design, implement, and document scalable code.
- Deep understanding and intuition around machine learning techniques, statistical, and predictive modelling.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in related discipline.
- Willingness and ability to travel OCONUS (up to 20%) for customer engagements.
- Excellent project planning and communication skills.
- Driven, self-directed personality.
- Strong sense of mission and commitment to making a difference.
- Eligibility and willingness to obtain a US Security Clearance.
Skills that will help in the role
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance.
- Experience with RF, 802.11, or Bluetooth emission and transmission protocols.
- Knowledge of data pipelines.
- Experience with direct application to computer vision, particularly object recognition and interaction tagging.
- Experience with embedded / mobile systems design.
- Advanced (MS or PhD) degrees in mathematics, physics, statistics, machine learning, or related quantitative disciplines.
- Ability to work in a stationary position in front of a computer for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Striveworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity or expression), national origin, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Striveworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact Operations at email@example.com
Striveworks is a participating employer in the E-Verify program.