Strive Health is built for purpose- to transform a broken kidney care system. We are fundamentally changing the lives of kidney disease patients through early identification and engagement, comprehensive coordinated care, and home-first dialysis. Strive’s model is driven by a high-touch care team that integrates with local providers and spans the entire care journey from CKD through ESRD, leveraging comparative and predictive data and analytics to identify patients at risk. Strive Health’s interventions significantly reduce the rate of emergent dialysis crash, cut inpatient utilization, and significantly improve patient outcomes and experience. Come join our journey as we create THE destination for top talent in the Healthcare community and set a new standard for how kidney care should be done.
Strive Care Partners Overview
Strive Care Partners (SCP) is a dedicated business unit within Strive Health that partners with nephrologists to share and succeed in global risk contracts with payors. SCP will benefit patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD) and end stage kidney disease (ESKD) through a comprehensive, patient-centered approach that enhances lives and local communities. SCP develops local market Managed Service Organizations (MSOs) that aggregate networks of nephrologists and provide them with the tools necessary to be successful in managing risk on their patients. Specifically, SCP delivers primary care services, specialized clinical programs, data integration and analytics, care teams, and administrative support services – all embedded within the nephrologist’s practice. SCP contracts with local market payors on the nephrologists’ behalf to take global risk on their CKD and ESRD patients and provides nephrologists with meaningful short-term and long-term financial incentives, including participation in shared savings and equity-based programs.
Primary Care Physician (PCP)
As part of Strive’s interdisciplinary clinical care team, the PCP will utilize their advanced education, skills, and judgment to deliver advanced primary care for CKD and ESRD patients. The incumbent will work closely with the medical director to play a critical role in both care delivery and ongoing practice innovation. The PCP will be responsible for managing patient care by working with the Strive interdisciplinary team of social workers, care coordinators, pharmacists, dietitians, and physicians to provide best in class patient care. The Strive PCP will be an advocate, navigator, trusted clinician, and safety net for the patient while delivering exceptional clinical care, building empathy and trust with patients, and delivering a world class patient experience.
Early career clinicians are encouraged to apply!
- Independently provides care for patients with acute and chronic illnesses encountered in the ESRD and CKD patient population. Accountable for patient outcomes and KPIs for a panel of CKD and ESRD patients.
- Conduct telehealth, home, and office visits as needed by the patient panel.
- Takes full accountability for patient care and outcomes and will appropriately seek consultation from specialists when needed, though will still stay involved in, and be responsible for, the detailed care of the patient.
- Obtains patient history, performs appropriate physical exam, orders and interprets diagnostic tests and lab values to identify and assess patient’s health care needs.
- On an ongoing basis, monitors and documents patient condition, response to the care plan and significant incidents.
- Formulates a plan and prognosis based on patient condition.
- Alongside with other members of the interdisciplinary team, will assure that a patient’s need for immediate and/or emergent care is handled promptly and appropriately.
- Willingness to drive prevention at every opportunity to slow progression, decrease exacerbations, and minimize complications, while keeping in mind what the patient wants for their life.
- Accountable across the continuum of disease process, healthcare systems, and patient’s lives.
- Assesses the longitudinal needs of patients and individualizes them in the patient’s plan of care.
- Collaborates well with all levels of the clinical team and is able to align and influence the care needs of a patient.
- Serves as a liaison with dialysis facilities and specialists, providing care plan updates to help streamline the transitions in care.
- Remains up-to-date and current on advances and trends in renal care treatment, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Follows evidence-based medicine and incorporates best practices into patient care.
- Meet in person with internal and/or external stakeholders to facilitate team and business priorities/opportunities.
- Serve patients in person and in multiple care settings (e.g., patient home, clinics) in addition to virtual visits and willing to be on call
- Doctorate in Medicine
- Must be Board Certified in Family medicine or Internal medicine
- Completion of Medical School
- Completion of appropriate specialist training, internship, residency, fellowship
- Current, unrestricted license in State where practicing
- Valid DEA
- Valid CDS if applicable to state
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience as a Primary Care Physician
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
- Must have valid state driver license and be able to drive a car
- Must meet company’s automobile liability insurance standards and provide proof of coverage
- Must be able to independently travel to assigned locations.
- Must be able to see patients autonomously.
- Must have technical resources to be able to successfully complete telehealth visits
- Business travel
- Internet Connectivity - Min Speeds: 3.8Mbps/3.0Mbps (up/down): Latency <60 ms
- Demonstrated proficiency in clinical assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, documentation, and evaluation of complex chronic patients
- Excellent communicator, team builder, and results oriented
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of data and managing to clinical, financial, and patient satisfaction outcomes
- Excels at developing and fostering strong patient and family relationships that center on engagement, trust, honesty, empathy, follow-through and doing what’s best for the patient
- Experienced in Value-Based Care and supportive of the Nurse Practitioner role.
- Preferred experience in internal medicine, nephrology, cardiology, acute care, or ICU care
- Ability to reach overhead and side to side
- Lifting overheard and carrying of 10lbs routinely, 20 lbs sporadically
- Ability to sit, stand and kneel as needed to perform physical assessment
- Ability to grasp and hold medical instruments as needed to perform physical assessment
- Ability to navigate stairs and a variety of patients dwelling conditions and configurations
Annual Salary Range: $196,700.00-$285,000.00
Strive Health offers competitive compensation and benefits. An annual performance bonus, determined by company and individual performance, is available for many roles and aligned to Strive Health guidelines.
COVID Policy: As a healthcare organization, the safety of our Strivers, partners, patients, and communities is critical to our work and aligned to our first core value, Care For Others First. All new Strivers must be fully vaccinated for COVID–19 or will be required to request and obtain an approved medical or religious exemption prior to joining Strive, and otherwise comply with COVID-19 policies.
Strive Health is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace. At this time Strive Health is unable to provide and work visa sponsorship. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please apply even if you feel you do not meet all qualifications. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com