Strive Health is built for purpose- to transform a broken kidney care system. We are fundamentally changing the lives of kidney disease patients through early identification and engagement, comprehensive coordinated care, and home-first dialysis. Strive’s model is driven by a high-touch care team that integrates with local providers and spans the entire care journey from CKD through ESRD, leveraging comparative and predictive data and analytics to identify patients at risk. Strive Health’s interventions significantly reduce the rate of emergent dialysis crash, cut inpatient utilization, and significantly improve patient outcomes and experience. Come join our journey as we create THE destination for top talent in the Healthcare community and set a new standard for how kidney care should be done.
Hemodialysis Registered Nurse
The Hemodialysis Registered Nurse provides superior care for patients with kidney disease and is an integral member of the Kidney Center Care Team as well as the culture. They provide chronic hemodialysis care and treatment, develops nursing care plans involving assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation, training, and education; communicates with the physician and other members of the healthcare team to interpret, adjust, and complete patient care plans, and assists in research studies. The team member will also deliver effective of age specific patient care as overseen by the Unit Medical Director in compliance with standards outlined in the facility procedure manual, as well as regulations set forth by the company, state and federal agencies.
- Develops strong patient and family relationships built upon the foundation of respect, honesty, empathy, no judgement, and follow-through that fosters engagement, trust, and empowerment.
- Skilled and passionate caring for patients with complex needs and is excited about the opportunity to increase the scope of care under the Strive Model of Care.
- Drive prevention at every opportunity to slow progression, decrease exacerbations, and minimize complications, while ultimately keeping in mind what the patient wants for their life.
- Assesses the longitudinal needs of patients and individualizes them in the patient’s plan of care.
- Follows evidenced based medicine and incorporates best practices into patient care.
- Remains up-to-date and current on advances and trends in renal care treatment, guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills for the Hemodialysis Registered Professional Nurse including the patient’s treatment, and water treatment, and emergency procedures, as determined by the competency assessment program.
- Delivers age specific care to assigned patients as prescribed, including all aspects of the hemodialysis procedure specifically trained to perform in accordance to state licensure.
- Assesses patients pre/post treatment and reports problems to the coordinator/charge nurse.
- Maintains a safe environment for self, patients and staff by utilizing proper body mechanics, and following universal infection control precautions and cleaning procedures under OSHA regulations.
- Dialyzes isolation patients utilizing isolation precautions and prescribed procedures.
- Administers and documents medications as authorized by a physician and as further authorized or limited by the State Board of Nursing Practice.
- Reports any significant information or change in patient condition to Clinical Nurse Manager and physician.
- Performs or assists in the performance of all emergency procedures, including the evacuation of patients in the event of a fire and/or disaster.
- Assesses, evaluates, and recommends patients (where applicable) for home training programs.
- Assists with and performs all procedures of safe operation, disinfections, and inventory control according to policy, manufacturer recommendations and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Assists in ordering supplies and maintaining supply inventory and records in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Recognizes and utilizes opportunities for patient and family education and training.
- Participates in teaching programs and provides opportunities for new patients to learn dialysis skills, techniques, and theory.
- Demonstrates applicable knowledge of adult learning theories and incorporates adult learning principles into nursing practice.
- Assumes administrative duties under the direction of the Clinical Nurse Manager.
- Assists in orientation and training of new and existing staff.
- Actively participates in unit staff meetings and in-services.
- Cooperates with equipment manufacturers and Chief Hemodialysis Technician in carrying out a program for installation, maintenance, and repair of equipment.
- Cooperates with Social Service and Nutrition Departments to provide maximum utilization of resources.
- Responsible for the oversight of Patient Care Technicians providing care in the facility.
- Assists in CQI projects with healthcare team.
- Cooperates with the Clinical Nurse Manager in staff scheduling, including rotation, to ensure adequate staffing coverage.
- Meet in person with internal and/or external stakeholders to facilitate team and business priorities/opportunities.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- At least 12 months experience in providing nursing care, including 3 months of experience in providing nursing care to patients on maintenance dialysis.
- Current appropriate state licensure.
- 2 years Hemodialysis experience desirable.
- 2 years ICU/CCU experience preferred.
- Successful completion of training course in theory and practice of hemodialysis.
- Valid driver’s license and insurance, when indicated/applicable for business travel by automobile.
- Successful completion of current CPR Healthcare Recognition according to the American Heart Association.
- Employees are required to take the Ishihara's Color Blindness test.
- Business travel
- Internet Connectivity - Min Speeds: 3.8Mbps/3.0Mbps (up/down): Latency <60 ms
- Bachelor’s in nursing or health related field preferred.
- Ability to work independently in unstructured environment.
- Ability to motivate other team members.
- Ability to relate to people in a manner which instills confidence and establishes rapport.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in the unit and corporate level.
- Ability to gain support and input from team members.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a timely manner.
- Ability to remain calm, interpret data and conditions as presented, and to provide solutions under stress.
Annual Salary Range: $72,800.00-$88,300.00
Strive Health offers competitive compensation and benefits. An annual performance bonus, determined by company and individual performance, is available for many roles and aligned to Strive Health guidelines.
COVID Policy: As a healthcare organization, the safety of our Strivers, partners, patients, and communities is critical to our work and aligned to our first core value, Care For Others First. All new Strivers must be fully vaccinated for COVID–19 or will be required to request and obtain an approved medical or religious exemption prior to joining Strive, and otherwise comply with COVID-19 policies.
Strive Health is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace. At this time Strive Health is unable to provide and work visa sponsorship. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please apply even if you feel you do not meet all qualifications. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com