Strive Health is built for purpose- to transform a broken kidney care system. We are fundamentally changing the lives of kidney disease patients through early identification and engagement, comprehensive coordinated care, and home-first dialysis. Strive’s model is driven by a high-touch care team that integrates with local providers and spans the entire care journey from CKD through ESRD, comparative and predictive data and analytics to identify patients at risk. Strive Health’s interventions significantly reduce the rate of emergent dialysis crash, cut inpatient utilization, and significantly improve patient outcomes and experience. Come join our journey as we create THE destination for top lent in the Healthcare community
As a Strive Registered Dietitian, you will use your expertise and compassion to help patients understand that what they eat directly affects their overall health and in particular their kidney health. You will empower patients to take ownership of their health through partnership and empathy. As a vital member of the patient's care team, you will analyze lab results, educate patients and their families on nutrition and problem solve issues.
- Independently evaluates, develops and completes comprehensive nutrition assessment and reassessment consistent with best practices
- Provides nutrition education and counseling based on individualized patient needs including nutrient requirements, knowledge and abilities, medical, economic, and social situation.
- Selects or develops education materials and methods appropriate for individual patients.
- Works with patient and care team to establish, document and update plan of care (POC) to achieve short- and long-term goals of the patient
- Assesses on-going nutritional status to determine appropriate nutrition interventions and recommendations. Consults Strive nurse practitioners and physicians as needed regarding lab tests
- Effectively communicates pertinent nutrition issues to the care team and to patients and families
- Develops individualized Medical Nutrition Therapy including meal plans for patients based on reported lab results and individualized goals
- Develops strong patient/family relationships that fosters engagement and best outcomes
- Fosters a relationship with patients across their healthcare journey with a foundation of respect, honesty, empathy, no judgement and follow-through that promotes patient’s self-care and empowerment
- Skilled and passionate caring for patients with complex needs
- Drives prevention at every opportunity to slow progression, decrease exacerbations, and minimize complications while keeping in mind what the patient wants for their life
- Collaborates well with all levels of the clinical team (from Medical Assistants to Physicians)
- Serves as a liaison to dialysis facilities, providing care plan updates to help streamline the transitions in care
- Remains up-to-date and current on advances and trends in renal care treatment, guidelines, policies and procedures
- Monitors nutritional status, laboratory values, dialysis adequacy, adherence to diet and response to nutrition related medications and therapy to determine appropriate nutrition intervention and recommendations.
- Reviews monthly lab results with each patient and/or caregiver and provides patient with a nutrition report.
- Evaluates outcomes and identifies factors that may contribute to undesirable results and documents appropriately.
- Meet in person with internal and/or external stakeholders to facilitate team and business priorities/opportunities.
- Serve patients in person and in multiple care settings (e.g., patient home, clinics) in addition to virtual visits.
- Bachelor's degree in Nutrition, Dietetics, or similar area required
- 3 years professional work experience in clinical nutrition as a Registered Dietitian required
- State licensure or certification required if licensure or certification is available in the state where the facility is located. In states where licensure/certification is optional, a new hire or transfer will be allowed 120 days grace period to obtain the license/certification.
- Business travel
- Internet Connectivity - Min Speeds: 3.8Mbps/3.0Mbps (up/down): Latency <60 ms
- Demonstrated understanding of renal nutrition best practices
- Ability to work flexible schedules, possibly for multiple facilities and travel when needed
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
Strive Health offers competitive compensation and benefits. An annual performance bonus, determined by company and individual performance, is available for many roles and aligned to Strive Health guidelines.
COVID Policy: As a healthcare organization, the safety of our Strivers, partners, patients, and communities is critical to our work and aligned to our first core value, Care For Others First. All new Strivers must be fully vaccinated for COVID–19 or will be required to request and obtain an approved medical or religious exemption prior to joining Strive, and otherwise comply with COVID-19 policies.
. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Please apply even if you feel you do not meet all qualifications